ebay suunto ripoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board.

I've purchased two of these (with transmitters) off of eBay, and about every other piece of scuba gear I own.

I paid $649 for one, and $709 for the other. Is this guy overstating the value of this unit, sure. So what? You just need to be smarter. There are treasures to be found on eBay. On eBay, go to:

Search

Advanced Search

Completed items only

and type in the item. See what they're "really" selling for. I'm confident you'll find they're selling in the low sevens. Never rely on wild claims of the ad. Go to search, find the true market price and be patient. Let the rookies run away with it and pay too much, be smart and wait. Vytecs on eBay are like (insert some silly exzmple here___________)...there's another one coming along in 10 minutes.

If its too much, don't bid.

K

PS: I use hyperbole (better: hype) all the time to sell stuff... I'm honest, but I'm passionate.

That looks like standard practice. As a buyer on ebay you need to do your homework as well to see what something should go for. I got mine off ebay a while ago for about $700 (vytec + transmitter). Seems to be about the going rate from what's being said in this thread.

solodyver once bubbled...
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DIVE SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They need to make a profit

Support me, I need more money to buy scuba gear. I can set up a PayPal account if you would like to donate, Solodyver.

I'm the guy that posted the ripoff,,and got chastized for it.
Before I buy anything from my LDS I check prices elsewhere.

solodyver once bubbled...
I'm the guy that posted the ripoff,,and got chastized for it.
Before I buy anything from my LDS I check prices elsewhere.
No-One Chastized you, but you said "Don't get Taken by this guy"

Then followed up with "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DIVE SHOP"

It just looked kinda fishy.

It nearly reads "Don't get screwed on E-bay, rather, get screwed by your local dive shop instead"!

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom