Easy menu for Anilao must see critters and dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yatsun

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As a macro lover, I always do some homework before travelling.
Yet, sometimes I find it hard to know exactly what to see there.
Thus, I consolidated my own photos and create my own blog.
By searching the location, all related critters would be listed.

Anilao the must go muck dive voted as the world second popular macro place<br>水下攝影一定要造訪的世界第二大微距潛點-菲律賓阿尼洛 | Blue Planet Critters

Starting from Anilao, I'm working on more places and critter posts.

ANILAO IN GENERAL
  • Water temperature➡ 81F on average; 77F during winter
  • Dive type➡ boat dive by Banca. Usually, accommodate 6-8 divers
  • Recommended timing➡ the Breeding season in Spring
  • Dive site condition➡ covered by corals and ash from Volcano Taai
  • Food➡ I usually feed myself in the resort
  • Shops➡ there is no shop by the resort. It is suggested to drop by a shop on the way from the airport
  • Souvenir➡ there are a few shops selling T-shirts and souvenir by a small port

Below are my recommendation of Anilao dive sites.
1. Twin Rock
One of the top must-go dive sites in Anilao. Settled as the house reef for Planet dive, two huge rocks covered with corals make it an excellent place for both macro and wide-angle. With an average depth of 14, there are a diverse of critters to find such as, pipefish, ribbon eels, and numbers of sea slugs. As for wide-angle, the soft corals are popular and there is a school of barracuda sometimes.

2. Kirby's Rock
A huge underwater rock. The dive site is popular as the sea fun by 29m deep, there are Pygmy seahorses.

3. Mainit Point/ Secret Garden
A typical muck dive site with slope sandy open place from 3-21 meters. There are quite a lot critters to be discovered, like tiny frogfish, ghost sea slugs, hairy frogfish, gobies in a bottle, Bobbit worms and so on.

4. Anilao Pier
A perfect place for night dive. Average deep 8-10 meters, Anilao Pier is a shallow sandy area for muck dive. There is mimic and coconut octopus to be spotted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom