Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. We actually took the public bus from Manila, and connected with Genesis in fall of 2019, but I have no idea if they slate still in operation. Will try to find out. Posted a spreadsheet schedule earlier in this thread about that after the fact…but it is old news now…lol.

Thanks. We actually took the public bus from Manila, and connected with Genesis in fall of 2019, but I have no idea if they slate still in operation. Will try to find out. Posted a spreadsheet schedule earlier in this thread about that after the fact…but it is old news now…lol.
I believe ferry schedule will be increased when more divers arriving.
The 17:00 schedule on Fri, Sat and Sun is very useful for any arrival around noon at NAIA. And if you can get on the bus no later than 14:00 then it should be plain sailing. Nothing is guarantee though.

Genesis I and II are not operating at this moment.

Thanks, Centrals. Our trip is not until January, so will track how things develop. 👍🏻

@Johncn
You must have seen a lot of rocket launching.
Yes, more than a few. 😹 NASA scrubbed the giant Artemis rocket launch on September 3, but SpaceX alone has been averaging a launch per week this year. There have been two launches from the Cape this week, including one last night, and there will be another one tonight. Here is a streak shot my wife took night from the beach.

Our trip to the PI is not for a while, but planning on trying to hit some new areas for diving this time as well as old favorites (PG / Sogod Bay / Cabilao). I know that Super Typhoon Odette some dive areas very hard. Suggestions and any recent insights welcome!

Attachments

• 62545DC8-5FAA-4C8B-843C-6AAA2BF7C5A8.jpeg
    62545DC8-5FAA-4C8B-843C-6AAA2BF7C5A8.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 70
Yes, more than a few. 😹 NASA scrubbed the giant Artemis rocket launch on September 3, but SpaceX alone has been averaging a launch per week this year. There have been two launches from the Cape this week, including one last night, and there will be another one tonight. Here is a streak shot my wife took night from the beach.

Our trip to the PI is not for a while, but planning on trying to hit some new areas for diving this time as well as old favorites (PG / Sogod Bay / Cabilao). I know that Super Typhoon Odette some dive areas very hard. Suggestions and any recent insights welcome!
Wow!

I have been stuck in HK for nearly 3yrs. And there is still 3 days of quarantine required to any arrival at the moment. It was 21 days only until Feb this yr!!!! So I am afraid there isn't any up-date on dive sites.

How about Indonesia for a change?
If you had travelled to PG on public transport than you ought to give this place a try.

Do you have anywhere in mind?
PNG is super expensive and flight to Palau is robbery.

as of late August, 2022.

I am afraid this is the latest for the public ferry until further notice.
13:00 is the last ferry from Batangas to Balatero except on Fri, Sat and Sun.
So please plan accordingly if intend to catch the ferry on the same day of arrival.

The afternoon service is NOT reliable so be warned.
If you have a group then private transfer is better if you do not want to spend a night in Manila or Batangas or even Calapan.
The arrival time at Batangas is critical to make the connection to PG. If the afternoon ferry to Balatero is cancelled then you either stay in Batangas or catch a ferry to Calapan. The last public jeepney from Calapan to PG is 17:00 after that you would have to charter a whole one(P2,000) or stay overnight.
It was far simpler to travel to Sabang 25yrs ago when Island Cruiser or Sabang Princess docked directly at Sabang.

Thanks. Yes, we usually take the public bus from Manila, not the shuttle, and will time it for the best ferry option. The old bancas were the best…as long as weather was good! 😂

Banca…. Sorry. Brutal autocorrect. I though it was DM thread from earlier today. Ah, well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom