Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Yes, we usually take the public bus from Manila, not the shuttle, and will time it for the best ferry option. The old bancas were the best…as long as weather was good! 😂
P1,500.00 or P700 for the bus only.
Public bus is under P300.00 and Island Water ferry to Balatero is never P800.00.

You have to start around 07:30 if travel from Buendia Bus Terminal.

I was really wet once going downstairs to use the toilet in the old Sabang Princess when a freak wave hit the double decked banca sideways.
I can laugh about it now but not then!!! LOL.

@Centrals Thanks for the info. I'm based in Hong Kong also. Have just booked PG for CNY. I will spend a couple of nights in Manila seeing work colleagues and travel down to Batangas early on the Saturday morning. Hoping to get a fast boat if it is running. I think the 11amcis fast right? 200 USD for the water taxi seemed quite expensive.

@Centrals Thanks for the info. I'm based in Hong Kong also. Have just booked PG for CNY. I will spend a couple of nights in Manila seeing work colleagues and travel down to Batangas early on the Saturday morning. Hoping to get a fast boat if it is running. I think the 11amcis fast right? 200 USD for the water taxi seemed quite expensive.
If you have never travelled in Philippines then Si-Kat could be a better option. There are many 3-4* hotels on Mabini Street where City State Tower Hotel(CST) is located. Of course there are better one in Makati but you will need to take a taxi to either Buendia Terminal or CST.
As for the water taxi!! The rate is ridiculous unless you have a group to share it.

Hop and Go

If you have never travelled in Philippines then Si-Kat could be a better option. There are many 3-4* hotels on Mabini Street where City State Tower Hotel(CST) is located. Of course there are better one in Makati but you will need to take a taxi to either Buendia Terminal or CST.
As for the water taxi!! The rate is ridiculous unless you have a group to share it.

Hop and Go
Thanks. I've have been to the Philippines about 10 times for various holidays and diving. My friend and I will take a private van to Batangas I think and time it to get on the fast boat. I just wasn't sure where/how to book it. Puerto Galera Tour website seems legit.

Thanks. I've have been to the Philippines about 10 times for various holidays and diving. My friend and I will take a private van to Batangas I think and time it to get on the fast boat. I just wasn't sure where/how to book it. Puerto Galera Tour website seems legit.
I always contact the dive operator if I need private transfer. Instant payment is usually required unless the other side trusted in you.
Van is around P5,000.00. Taxi + bus is around P500.00 per person.
Since you will be in Manila so a early start is NOT an issue.

Headed to Puerto Galera today and will try to update relevant info in this thread.

Current PG Yacht Club ferry timetable has been updated for January, 2023.

Important Notes:
  • All ferries arrive at Balatero currently, which is about 10 minutes further from Sabang pier than Muelle Pier by trike (~300 pesos)
  • Tourists to Puerto Galera must obtain a QR code from Oriental Mindoro authorities PRIOR to arrival. It can take several days, but our dive resort did the paperwork and emailed us the QR codes directly. The resort asked for copies of our passports. All vaccination status visitors are allowed. This is a Puerto Galera Tourist Registration QR code, not COVID health status code.
  • Despite some sources saying the Si-Kat bus leaves the Citystate Hotel in Ermita at 8 AM, the January 2023 schedule is a 9:30 AM departure with estimated Balatero arrival of 2 PM.
Any questions, I will try to find the answers.

7A3FA618-399B-48A9-9754-82ACD6EEDA88.jpeg

QR code was not required on my previous trip to PG couple of months ago. I have mine but never checked.

This is required.

Trike is readily available but the cheaper way to travel to Sabang is to walk to the main road(~300m) and stop any trike passing by, left to PG and right to White Beach. P20-30 if shared with other passenger to Mulle/Puerto Galera. Jeepney from Puerto Galera to Sabang is available until late afternoon but you do need to know where it departs from.
If you prepare to walk to the main road then the rate might drop! P300.00 is NOT too bad especially with heavy equipment. Make sure P300.00 is for the whole trike and not per person. It is a common trick by some unscrupulous driver.
"Mahal" is the word for expensive but also for love!!!! Love is expensive isn't it?

Have a nice trip.

Just to confirm Central post.
I went to PG at the end of December and no specific QR code is needed anymore.
Only the QR code from eTravel is needed to enter the country
I came back again in the Philippines 4 days ago and still eTravel code at airport.
To go to Batangas pier, bus from Buendia is less than 300p and takes only 90 minutes.

The QR code is required for Puerto Galera. Our resort told us a couple a weeks ago. We sent passport scans, and they got the QR code to send to us. The code has Mindoro government logo.
Update: I arrived yesterday on Island Water ferry, and we were lined up and asked for QR code at the ferry dock as we exited Balatero Port. It is, as I said above, not a COVID-19 thing like the Green / Yellow status code required for entry to the Philippines on the etravel.gov.ph website, but rather a tourism management mechanism for Puerto Galera / Mindoro Oriental.

There were lines for "Resident", "Tourists with QR Code, and one for "Tourists without QR Code". There was some paperwork required on the spot for those without QR code, but they were admitted. I was asked for my passport to verify the name on the QR code.

The Puerto Galera government has an app for registration, apparently, but it's reportedly a bit glitchy. Perhaps that is why the resort did the paperwork for us to get the code issue.

Tourist Registration (Puerto G - Apps on Google Play

Puerto Galera has a No-booking, No-entry policy. Tourists need to pre-book with a Department of Tourism (DOT) Accredited hotel in order to register. Puerto Galera hotels can also pre-register their guests in the App.​

But, upon arrival, it appeared that there were actually staff on hand to make bookings for those arriving without a reservation or a code. A board by the processing area had a list of officially approved properties, and it seemed they were helping secure reservations for those without accommodation plans.

FYI: They also collected a 120 PHP Environmental User's Fee for the municipality. There is a 20 PHP discount for seniors.

Very interesting.
I have contacted the resort in PG a while back and the reply was no QR code!!
I am heading back in couple of wks time and will ask again.
Worst comes to worst I just apply it on the spot.

The "app" was last updated on 21 Oct 2022 and the entry requirement to the country has changed significantly eg. no booster shot is required now.
I did ask the local resort for the QR code for my previous trip because that App was piece of garbage. No body asked for it on arrival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom