Eastern Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couple of years ago I had a garage sale and put a camera out I had. Five or so years prior I had paid around about $700 for it. Someone offered me $10

Yeah, I hate people like that! :D

When we had a garage sale (maybe this should be a new thread!!)...

We were moving here to Estonia and were selling our junk. My daughter had a bee-you-tee-ful bike. 18-speeds (I think, it had so many whirly-gigs and doo-dads, I am not sure.) She had ridden it maybe 2 miles. Tops. It even still had the little rubber finger things on the tires. Now a scratch. And she even put the brand new bike helmet with it. And we even had all the books and stuff. (Can you imagine?? You know kids these days have to have a BOOK to figure out how to use a bike! What are kids coming too. Never had a book to learn to ride my banana-seated Sting-Ray!! :shakehead: )

Anyway, this Arabic fellow (BTW, I don't care what anyone looks like as long as they are buying my stuff!!) came up, looked at the $25 price (I kid you not, $25!!) and said, (in VERY poor English) "I give 20 dolla."
"Yeah, right. Try again buddy before I change the price to $50."
Get this. He replied, "You can't do that." :confused:
"What!!?? Listen buster, I can sell it for whatever price I want to. Right now I am still feeling generous and will still take $25."
Meanwhile, a Mexican woman had come up to us and was listening. She piped up, "I'll take it!"
"SOLD!"
(Arab) "What!!?? You CAN'T DO THAT!! I WAS HERE FIRST!!"
Here is the best part. She quickly stuffed the money in my hand, grabbed the bike and headed for the car. Over her shoulder she said, "Welcome to America!"
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

GO GIRL!

I'm sorry I missed this thread originally. I would have joined you all.

Mike, when you come through Knoxville in March, let me know. I can provide some equipment as well as dive with you.

Fair warning, diving in March is VERY unpredictable. I can handle 50 deg water, but not real cold air temps during surface intervals.

I'm sorry I missed this thread originally. I would have joined you all.[\quote]
Good to have you now! :D

Mike, when you come through Knoxville in March, let me know. I can provide some equipment as well as dive with you.[\quote]
Hey, THANKS for the offer and I WILL take you up on it! What equipment can I rent local? Can I rent everything right down to the booties?? I have to travel extremely light and since I'll be preaching in a bunch of churches, I have to bring clothes for that. Also, I am flying from Europe. Restriction on luggage is ONE checked bag only at just under 50 lbs. That's it! That means that I don't think I can really bring ANY gear with me! :depressed:

Fair warning, diving in March is VERY unpredictable. I can handle 50 deg water, but not real cold air temps during surface intervals.

Roger that! Looks like the one quarry had some buildings for SI. That would be great. Another thought is that we could get a fire going or something. My dad and stepmom want to tag along to do stuff like that for us.

Irishsquid finally got his pics back

Well, here's what a $29.99 camera gets ya! :D

IMG007.jpgIMG008.jpg
IMG009.jpgIMG010.JPG
IMG011.JPGIMG012.JPG
IMG014.JPGIMG013.JPG

IMG007.jpgAllen IMG008.jpgSteve & Steve

IMG009.jpgJohn IMG010.JPGDonny & Ann

IMG011.JPGMike IMG012.JPGEveryone

IMG013.JPGMike IMG014.JPGEveryone

Last edited:

Back