Eastern Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading up to Eastern Tennessee, Johnson City area, the last week of Nov. Could anybody post up some ideas for diving. This place looks like the best bet.

Dive into the Philadelphia Quarry

Any comments would be great, thanx!

I am there

You are where? Philly quarry?

South Holston Lake Bristol, TN

Isn't South Holston drained by the last week of Nov? Muck, muck and more muck.

Anybody dove Loch Low Minn? Is it worth a drive down to see the shovelfish? Come on people, post up. There has to be something to dive in the mountains.

I did all my checkout dives at Loch Low Minn. We never saw the paddlefish thou. But we were in a large group and not really in the area to see them. A few in the group would flailing around so I would be scared off too.

They have great facilities there including changing room, air refills, picnic tables and a cool three legged dog named Max. Worth the $20.

I like LochLowMinn a little better than Philidelphia, but both are good. Paddle fish have been at about 25-35 feet in the middle of eastern side of quarry. Well worth checking out, they do a great job of taking care of you and your needs. Good luck and Have fun.

We are gonna drive down and dive both philly and Loch on the 29th. Would be great if some of you local Tennessee divers would meet up w/us and show us around.

Next time you come down to the Tampa area I'll take you spearfishing:cool2:

We are gonna drive down and dive both philly and Loch on the 29th. Would be great if some of you local Tennessee divers would meet up w/us and show us around.

Next time you come down to the Tampa area I'll take you spearfishing:cool2:

Wish I could. My drysuit class got postponed till the 1st weekend in Dec. and no way am I diving without one that time of year. :D

Really? I'm gonna go w/out a drysuit. I was thinking a 7mill w/a hooded vest.

From what I read the thermo flips this time of year. At 40' it warms a bit, please let me know if I am way off base w/this, as we dive year round down here in 5 mills w/a hood. It would suck to get all excited about diving and not be able to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom