Early September diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chilipino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've only dove in the PI during the winter months. However, I have a couple of weeks to spend (starting 8/31) somewhere and I am thinking about coming back home to do some diving. I know it's the "rainy" season but I'm sure that means something different to different parts of the islands. I've dove PG, Boracay, Mactan, Bohol, and Palawan (Club Noah) and have loved them all. Where would you suggest to dive for the first week of September? How significant is the weather pattern at this time? Thanks for the suggestions.

.mike

For the first week of September, you might wanna consider Malapascua, because its the start of the manta season. You can dive Monad Shoal in the morning for the Thresher shark and in the afternoon for the mantas. Check with Thresher Shark Divers for the dates. Another place I would recommend is Southern Leyte.

Mike, hope all is well in Cali. If you do go to Malapascua, I agree with subzero on using Thresher Shark Divers (TSD). I was there at Holy Week and they did a really good job. Here's their website: Malapascua Island Diving, Philippines Cebu | Thresher Shark Divers.

I don't remember if you are trimix certified, but if so, you may want to check with Trevor at TSD. He just finished spending a few weeks with Dave and Sam at Tech Asia in PG upgrading his mix certs and he plans to start pumping mix soon. If he's doing it by September there is a nice wreck just off Malapsacua that's not been dived much since its at 50m and mix has not been available on Malapascua (except for a brief period a few years ago when Exotic had someone doing a bit of tech). Plus it would be interesting to see what's over the edge at Monad Shoal.

Cheers,
Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom