Eager to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know many people have said it already, but be assured that you will have no problems doing an AOW.

I just got certified at the end of August of this year so it's only been 2 full months since I got certified.

I got the bug the day we had our first confined water dive, and I can't stand the fact that I have to get out of the water because of of work, school, or any other reason like that.

Like everyone else has said, get back in the water, I know I've had a few times were I was uncertain with my abilities, but the more I'm getting in, and the more I'm learning to relax, the happier I am.

I took my AOW, two weeks after I got my OW. My biggest worry was I had never dove in the ocean before, I didn't know how much weight to use. Once I got it, and realized that everything was okay, I loved every second of it. Even the deep dive down to 100ft, and I got to dive the Speigel Grove :)

I've also taken my Nitrox class, and I've signed up for the Cavern speciality (just sounds interesting).

Later this month, I'm going to take my DAN 02 course, and shortly after that, I'm going to jump into rescue.

If this doesn't tell you that I've got the bug, I don't know what will.

I'm lucky enough to be able to dive quite a bit, as long as I can talk my dive buddies into it, but when they're not willing to, my dive shop normally has something going on every other weekend or so, so I'll just go with them.

I am loveing this so much, I'm already considering divemaster, or assist. instructor, so I can help other's get the bug just as much as I have.

Good luck with your diving, and be safe!

See ya on the bottom!

Loren Russell
Jacksonville, FL

I don't think there is ever a wrong time to continue your education in anything. I have 81 dives, all in the Caribbean, and I just signed up for my AOW in Provodenciales mainly because of this board. I am also considering some freshwater diving as a result of all I have read on this board. Go for it!

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I don't think there is ever a wrong time to continue your education in anything. I have 81 dives, all in the Caribbean, and I just signed up for my AOW in Provodenciales mainly because of this board. I am also considering some freshwater diving as a result of all I have read on this board. Go for it!
Plan a trip to Yellowstone this summer. We will show you the Firehole River. A fun dive and I venture to say a little different from what you are used to. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom