Eager new guy seeking equipment advice (mostly purchase order)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave,
I would recommend W.W.Diving in Humble. Besides having a large selection of gear, they have a section in the back called discount alley. There you will find good quality used gear for a good price. They also stand behind there gear. If you can afford to get some gear before mid January, that would be a good place to look. After that we start the College Classes again and those students grab that stuff up sometimes. Hope that helps.

Although it may be a bit gauche to mention, I feel that I must state the obvious. Get a moderate wetsuit (I've purchased several new suits on Ebay, even), first. Because, there are people who will not pee in their OWN suit, but they will pee in a rental. Eww.

I'm thinking rental reg before rental bc, but I started my first class with my own bc- and feel that it helped me understand my buoyancy control better, and I was more comfortable with my gear. Your buddy may be able to help you out underwater with a reg issue more efficiently than a bc issue.

Welcome to the swamp! Come join us northerners sometime for a dive or three.

Back
Top Bottom