DWnD Day-Talcott Shoals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin,

Come along. You can ride up with me the evening before. I'm just going for the dives, I won't even be bug hunting. It will be a blast on the boat and in the water. Sign up soon. Since it's an overnight trip they only take 24 divers, not their normal 35. But that means more room on the boat for us!

Hey Marvin,

Please do join in on the boat trip. You wanted dive buddies, and you've got them here!:D

Ken

Talcott is listed as intermediate/advanced dive depending on conditions. It's supposed to be the easiest for navigation as the ledges parallel the shore, so you follow a ledge away from the boat for 1/2 your air, jump to another ledge and follow it back for the remainder of your air. The thing about bug dives out at the islands is that there is always plenty to see if you aren't seeing any lobster-- great rock formations, Garabaldi, beautiful kelp forests, rockfish, etc. It's beautiful diving this time of year and the Peace is a good, well run boat. The food is excellent and the crew is always nice & knowledgable. Throw in a few friendlyCrabs & you can't go wrong! When we get closer I want to see if anyone is up for meeting for dinner at Andrea's Seafood-- it's right there at the marina & has good food-- we can dine and have a beer or two before crashing for the night....
-Tom

Im in I got my golden ticket!!!!!!

wonka_gold_ticket.jpg

As with all Beach Crab dives EVERYONE is welcome... We will help get you your first bug!!!

:eyebrow:assuming you are not suggesting i take my first bug home as a pet, i am also going to need some help on the cooking. :) But I will be happy just get back to water.

Marvin,

Come along. You can ride up with me the evening before. ...

thanks and yeah let's plan on doing that.

I'm just going for the dives, I won't even be bug hunting.

well, that will make two of us. with my kind of diving experience, i am lucky if the bug is not hunting me down.

Hey Marvin,

Please do join in on the boat trip. You wanted dive buddies, and you've got them here!:D

Ken

hey Ken, it would be nice to see you again. yeah, i know it is always THE place to go for great buddies. but i do understand that the more experienced divers do need to get away from all of us newbies once in a while. :), especially if bug hunting is in the plan. it would be nice for me to ask ahead of time.

are you planning to go on the great escape this month?

:eyebrow:assuming you are not suggesting i take my first bug home as a pet, i am also going to need some help on the cooking. :) But I will be happy just get back to water.

There is a big misconception about lobster, there really not that hard to catch and cooking them is as easy as grilling a hamburger! Bring a bag we have 4 tanks you need a few bugs.:D You have to hurry tho before tom grabs them all

[Originally Posted by m.gong but i do understand that the more experienced divers do need to get away from all of us newbies once in a while. :), especially if bug hunting is in the plan. it would be nice for me to ask ahead of time. quote]

Hey Marvin, I'm still a newbie too. As long as you can get underwater and stay underwater we can have fun. It doesn't matter if it's a short or long dive, shallow or deep, we can have fun. It's not a competition, it's just for fun.

hey Ken, it would be nice to see you again. yeah, i know it is always THE place to go for great buddies. but i do understand that the more experienced divers do need to get away from all of us newbies once in a while. :), especially if bug hunting is in the plan. it would be nice for me to ask ahead of time.

are you planning to go on the great escape this month?

hey marvin, i'm a noob too! you look good in the water to me. with the way you dive, you'll have no problems finding dive buddies. i'm not gonna be able to make the great escape boat trip. should be fun though.

... look what I found in my lobster bag!
wonka_gold_ticket.jpg

I'm in...

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom