Friday Nov., 23rd-Boat Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The boat trip for November is:

Boat: Peace
Date: The day after Thanksgiving
Departure: 7:00am
Destination: Anacapa Island
Reservations: 805-650-DIVE

This trip will fill up quick, so, make sure you get your spot early. When you call tell them you are with The Beach Crabs.

Also, Please RSVP on the BC's Calender, so we can estimate a final count.

Thank you,
Rick

A quick question for all the crabs -- what tank should i rent from the boat operator: here's what they have

Aluminum 80 / 63 / 50 - yoke valve
Steel 72 - yoke valve 2250 psi
Steel 95(Yoke) / Steel 120(Yoke)

A quick question for all the crabs -- what tank should i rent from the boat operator: here's what they have

Aluminum 80 / 63 / 50 - yoke valve
Steel 72 - yoke valve 2250 psi
Steel 95(Yoke) / Steel 120(Yoke)

If it were me, I would rent either the steel 95 or steel 120 in order to maximize my bottom time. That being said, they won't let you go much more than an hour of bottom time to be courteous to the other divers, so you might want to figure out how long a tank will last you. For instance, if you can last an hour with a 63 cubic foot tank, then that's about all you will need. I know that a 63 cubic foot tank would be too small for my air consumption. I personally dive with a steel 120.

most likely i will be fighting with the weights again and consume s(&* load of air. i got a steel 95 and i will see everyone onboard. :) probably the night before so I don't have to get up 4am.

Oh Yea:D, I'm going diving! Diving Anacapa is a great way to spend the day... As always, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rich

Another great BC boat trip in the works. If you haven't called The Peace, yet, The boat is filling fast!

I can't wait to burn off some of that turkey!

Rick

Back
Top Bottom