Dutch Springs transponder/ diver locator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnnSul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi There from PA-

Anyone have any luck bringing their own unit in for solo diving at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem? What do you use?

Thanks!

Hi There from PA-

Anyone have any luck bringing their own unit in for solo diving at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem? What do you use?

Thanks!

Pretty sure you need to use the one they provide... and be solo certified, of course.

Yes- yes- I'm solo certified.
Seems a waste of $16 to rent something if I could just use my own.

Small thread jack here... Sorry

How does one get solo certified? I am padi aow, do they offer a cert?

Currrently Sdi is the only recreational agency to offer solo certification. and as long as you meet the age and amount of dives required you can do the cert with any dive shop that offers it! I did mine thru Indian valley Scuba in Harleysville and did my solo checkout dives in Dutch! The class is well worth it even if you never solo dive. The info on gas management and proper gear requirments/redunancy are great and it helps with self rescue scenarios that makes you a better buddy because you are more resourceful and safer on your dives

What the heck is that? A device they make you wear so they can find your body when you die solo?

What the heck is that? A device they make you wear so they can find your body when you die solo?

Dutch is a big place and I would be freaked out if they had a lost diver they could not find. At least with a buddy or transponder they know where to search. If a solo diver leaves a dive plan with one of the safety observers, there is even a chance of a rescue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom