dutch springs is boring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

season pass is $120 if you get it early. with the frequency of diving that I do at Dutch it comes out to $2 a dive... :11ztongue

diverbrian:
Let me just say that I wish that I had read this thread. I started to see a little of the quarry and had to go home (note the state of residence, LOL). I will say that the quarry here that I consider equivalent as far as uses is much cheaper to dive. I have a hundred and seventy-five dollars invested into a year's pass up here. His normal rates are $12.00/ day but you can treat the place like a live-aboard once you check in. There isn't any of this restricted hours for diving stuff that I noticed at Dutch.

All of the negatives having been said, I was actually starting to enjoy Dutch when I left as I was five dives into my trip and finally getting a chance to navigate it. My dive buddies had AL80's (and more importantly were testing out new drysuits) so much past the Cessna in the middle of the quarry wasn't happening. I never did get to see that chopper. I just felt that it was pricey for what it was. If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would have the season pass which is actually about the same price as the one that I have here.

I kind of have to agree and disagree. Dutch can get old if you let it, but there is alot for divers who want to train, socialize, practice, warm up for another dive, refresh your skills and so on. You won't get "blown out" when you go to Dutch, but you sure can if you go to the shore for a boat dive. I can't bring my family (realistically) to the Algol or the Resor, but I can bring them to Dutch. There is now a "water park" with large "icebergs" to climb, a huge water trampoline, and a bunch of other things for the kids to do. I like taking newer divers on "tours" to area's they haven't been to before. On the longer holiday weekends, the shop I go with has a three day bbq and it is a social gathering as well as a place to dive.

Bottom line? Only boring people get bored.

MB104:
You won't get "blown out" when you go to Dutch,

actually you can.... last December we were supposed to have a class, but with some crazy snow blizzard even the dutch got closed... that was a major blow :11:

:wink:

Yeah it thawed just in time for our January Drysuit/Nitrox class then February froze back up again.

MB104 - We may have actually met on Saturday. Judging by the pics on your site, that shop is Scuba Connection. I was set up on the side right next to the cameras.

MB104, when you say kids do you mean you and Jason triing to make it up the iceberg
Craig
grunzster:
Yeah it thawed just in time for our January Drysuit/Nitrox class then February froze back up again.

MB104 - We may have actually met on Saturday. Judging by the pics on your site, that shop is Scuba Connection. I was set up on the side right next to the cameras.

foamer86:
MB104, when you say kids do you mean you and Jason triing to make it up the iceberg
Craig
Please tell me you got some footage of that.

deffinatly got some footage of that, also of wayne and justines battle of the iceberg great stuff
grunzster:
Please tell me you got some footage of that.

Hey Philly Bob,
The Pirate King II is sailing out of Barnegat Light NJ. I think you are less than an hour away from my boat. I dive about three times a week every Sunday and Wednesday with a few Fridays, Satuday, and night dives mixed in from May thru October and most of our diving is done in the 70 to 100 ft. depth range. We also have days scheduled for dives in ths 120 to 160 ft. range usually at the end of the month. The boat dives year round weather permitting on a lighter schedule in the colder months. I do not hit the same wreck more than once a year unless I have a specific request to do so by the divers on board so I don't think you will get boared diving with us. Check out my web site at www.piratekingcharters.com and get in touch with me for availability of spots the boat to do some diving.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,
Capt. Rob

captainrob:
Hey Philly Bob,
The Pirate King II is sailing out of Barnegat Light NJ. I think you are less than an hour away from my boat. I dive about three times a week every Sunday and Wednesday with a few Fridays, Satuday, and night dives mixed in from May thru October and most of our diving is done in the 70 to 100 ft. depth range. We also have days scheduled for dives in ths 120 to 160 ft. range usually at the end of the month. The boat dives year round weather permitting on a lighter schedule in the colder months. I do not hit the same wreck more than once a year unless I have a specific request to do so by the divers on board so I don't think you will get boared diving with us. Check out my web site at www.piratekingcharters.com and get in touch with me for availability of spots the boat to do some diving.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,
Capt. Rob
Thanks, great info! Considering the depth, Cpt. Rob, you allow the deeper dives to be deco dives?

Back
Top Bottom