Dutch Springs, first week of may!? Am I nuts!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulChristenson:
Oh...so one of your AOW dives will be the Discover Thermoclines Specialty Dive...:D

Nope, it hasn't warmed up enough for the thermoclines to form so I'll have to settle for the "Maintain Your SAC Rate During Entry" specialty. I also have 3 OW students going and 2 tried to check out in December but their instructor was freezing in her drysuit with wet gloves so she bagged the dives. I asked when they wanted to do check outs and they said whenever I thought the water was warm enough. I told them "I dive a drysuit with dry gloves and I dive year-round." They said something like, "We can handle anything you can." Really? Mind you I'm always cold but they are diving wet so we'll just see if they can hang with the rabbit :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Nope, it hasn't warmed up enough for the thermoclines to form so I'll have to settle for the "Maintain Your SAC Rate During Entry" specialty. I also have 3 OW students going and 2 tried to check out in December but their instructor was freezing in her drysuit with wet gloves so she bagged the dives. I asked when they wanted to do check outs and they said whenever I thought the water was warm enough. I told them "I dive a drysuit with dry gloves and I dive year-round." They said something like, "We can handle anything you can." Really? Mind you I'm always cold but they are diving wet so we'll just see if they can hang with the rabbit :wink:

Oh "the we can handle anything" posturing...:D :D

We want video...We want video...We want video...:D

Problem is not in the h2o, but when ya get out that chill really sets in. Then it can be hard to get people back in.

pir8:
Problem is not in the h2o, but when ya get out that chill really sets in. Then it can be hard to get people back in.

I'm one of those cruel but kind instructors who provides a 10x10 EZ-Up tent with heaters inside. That and I have them bring containers of warm water to pre-warm cold wetsuit parts before the second donning. I don't want to kill them, I want them to WISH I would LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom