Dutch Spring Wait Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike126

Contributor
Reaction score
I am scheduled to do a few training dives in a few weeks on a Saturday morning. I live about 3 1/2 hours away and may not be able to get to Dutch by the time they close Friday night. If I order my admission ticket online and want to be through the gate around 8:00 when they open (avoiding the line for purchasing admission ticket), what time should I get there? I was thinking by 7:00 am. I may end up driving there the night before and staying in a hotel instead of camping.

Hi Mike- the gate does not open till 8:00 am and you will still have to sign a waiver at office at entrance. I would suggest that you save the couple of extra bucks for online tickets at get to Dutch at 7AM and just wait on line. Most Instructors are aware of lines at front office.

I have a season pass so my information might be a little off.

The gates don't close until 9pm. As long as you get there before then you can camp.

You can buy tickets online, submit the waiver online, and print out tickets. I think getting there at 7 would be fine.

Instructors usually know the deal and most classes don't really get started until 9 or 10 am.

Thanks for the replies. I did complete my online waiver. I just don't want to count on getting there in time only to have the gates closed so this is more of a backup plan. My LDS should have my admission ticket which I guess I will get before I leave. I know they want to get started early so I don't mind waiting for the gates to open for an hour if that's what it takes.

Even with the online waiver completed, it has to be processed. They used to put a sticker on your c-card, but I'm not sure they do that any more. The gates usually open a few minutes before 8. Get there earlier, park your car and wait in the line. Diving sometimes involves patience. Think of this as your first test.

Please confirm with Dutch. It is to my understanding all they do is scan your ticket at the gate then you drive in so you dont have to get out of your car. Provided that the online waiver is signed and completed. I do not think they allow you to buy the ticket online without completing the online waiver. A quick phone call to dutch springs can clear up all your issues:callme:

I was there in the middle of June not sure if it was busier then or not but I got there around 720 and was 3 or 4 in line. The line got pretty long after that. I didn't have the online waver but did have a copy already completed. Ticket booth and gate doesn't open till 8. Either get there early to beat the line or just a bit after eight as the people in line have been processed.

As others said be patient and get used to a slower pace.

and want to be through the gate around 8:00 when they open (avoiding the line for purchasing admission ticket), what time should I get there? I was thinking by 7:00 am. I may end up driving there the night before and staying in a hotel instead of camping.
Mike126,

Buy your ticket online as pickup or will call, can't remember the actual terminology. Get there by 7:30 and get in line. (print out your will call info so you can show them.) They will direct you to your spot, no more mad rush, enter in the order you showed up. Once you are "parked in" (cars all around you, disconcerting) get out of your car and walk up to the closed windows. go around to the left, not at all obvious. One little window, nice people inside. Pick up your ticket. Go back to your car. Now you are just like anybody else in line and you didn't lose your place.

I've harbored hard feelings for Dutch for many years, only go there when I have to. (Training) Something has changed, they are trying hard now. I say so, and I'm a hard sell on that. Maybe I'll grow up someday and dive there for fun...

---------- Post added July 14th, 2015 at 10:55 AM ----------

And don't forget to bring your C-card with you to the window.

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope I can make it to camp and the weather holds out. But if not it is good to know that if I get there by 7 am with advanced purchase etc I should be good. I did an online waiver and got the confirmation email and my LDS has my admission ticket so I should be good either way. This is my first trip to Dutch. I normally dive Lake Rawlings/Phoenix but my LDS like Dutch better due to the unpredictable drive time to Lake Phoenix.

Back
Top Bottom