Dutch Oct 16th???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toolbox-13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I may be heading to Dutch Oct 16th, any Wreck Valley folks want to meet and show me around the quarry....:)...I would apreciate it .... lol .... Thanks

I might be able to make it, I'll know for sure when it gets closer.

I may want to get up to the quarry that weekend. I'll have my camera and crap by then so I'll need to try it out before I go to Deleware.

16th? I'm down, I'll have my drysuit by then :D

what's up

I just moved to the area so I'm buddyless and have never been to Dutch.
I'm buying new equipment and want to test it out before I go out on vacation.
I don;t have a tank. Can you rent them there?
What's the minimum exposure protection you need at Dutch springs this time of year?

Thanks

10tigers:
what's up

I just moved to the area so I'm buddyless and have never been to Dutch.
I'm buying new equipment and want to test it out before I go out on vacation.
I don;t have a tank. Can you rent them there?
What's the minimum exposure protection you need at Dutch springs this time of year?

Thanks
7mil is fine, you can get away with 3mil if staying shallow.

Howdy 10tigers!

You can post on here for buddies, but also register over on our main site....http://www.wreckvalley.com. That way you are sure to find a buddy...well, most of the time anyway. Where you coming from?

Yes, you can rent tanks at DS. AL80's - $125 deposit.

Most in WV dive dry, there are a couple like me that dive wet yet. I use a 6.5mil farmer john and have had no problems at any depth.

A couple of guys will be up this Sunday, don't know about me. Definitely 10/8, since I'm going to demo the Bare Tech-dry.

Hope to dive with you.

Jack (spratman)

nice
thanks for the reply
I'm coming from northern california. I grew up in Jersey though.

Very nice site and I plan on checking around for more Oct16th info. Hopefully I'll have my nerw gear and will be ready to test it all out before Thailand and the snow starts fallin.

cheers

For Dutch from April-November you will need at least a 6.5 inch wetsuit, thick gloves 5mil or better, and a hood. Check out ebay and Scubaboard for drysuits though, I got a wicked deal on here for an OS Systems suit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 14/15/16 around the anniversary time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom