Dunderburg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After all the fuss this thread is causing I guess I'll just keep the pictures of the Vienna and Eber Ward to myself.:wink:

How was the Vienna? That's one I really wanted to get to this year, but the weather in the U.P. has not been cooperative this year. I hear it's a nice wreck.

It was great. Vis was about 50 ft. it was overcast so it was a little dark but it you could see pretty good. I'm glad the wreck is close to shore because the wind was howling and the waves didn't have time to build. One of the things I liked best was you could still see some paint on the deck and there were NO zebra mussles. All in all a great dive.

After all the fuss this thread is causing I guess I'll just keep the pictures of the Vienna and Eber Ward to myself.:wink:

Oy Vey. There is a lot to be said about experience that isn't always encompassed by taking a class or having a certification. Not everyone is going to agree on what is safe, or what the limits are, or what is the minimum required equipment or certification required to do a particular dive. Ultimately, it sounds like these folks were diving within their limits, and did it safely.

That said, CMAN please share your pics of the Ward and Vienna with the rest of us.

If your not comfortable with either of these dives being done on a single tank and pony bottle, please shun your eyes and monitor the quarry posts.

Oy Vey. There is a lot to be said about experience that isn't always encompassed by taking a class or having a certification. Not everyone is going to agree on what is safe, or what the limits are, or what is the minimum required equipment or certification required to do a particular dive. Ultimately, it sounds like these folks were diving within their limits, and did it safely.

That said, CMAN please share your pics of the Ward and Vienna with the rest of us.

If your not comfortable with either of these dives being done on a single tank and pony bottle, please shun your eyes and monitor the quarry posts.

Amen to that

Here's a couple from the Vienna, if you look close at the last two you can see some white paint still on the wreck.

Attachments

• Vienna 002.jpg
    Vienna 002.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Vienna 015.jpg
    Vienna 015.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Vienna 006.jpg
    Vienna 006.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 40
And here are some from the Eber Ward, notice the zebra mussels are really speading over the wreck. That was in contrast to the Vienna which didn't have any. The waves kicked-up so we only did one dive on the Eber Ward. Our second dive was the Cedarville but the vis was about 15-20 ft. so the pictures aren't too good.

Attachments

• U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 034.jpg
    U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 034.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 41
  • U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 035.jpg
    U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 035.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 37
  • U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 037.jpg
    U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 037.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 52
  • U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 054.jpg
    U.P. and The Straits Aug. 2009 054.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 39
Looks like you had some nice dives and sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Nice to see something other than quarry stuff here. Go out and enjoy whats left of the summer, dive within your training/experience level, have fun and don't worry about the internet crowd.

Nice pictures although I didn't quite like how you had your pony slung. Show's such inexperience!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!! It was getting too polite so I thought I'd bring us back to Scubaboard reality.... ha ha ha ha ha ha (BIG GRIN)

Great pics of some great wrecks. So nice to see a post about Great Lakes Wreck diving vs all the quarry threads. Everyone has their own personal limits and should never dive beyond those personal limits. What is good for one, is not good for the other. I am amazed at the scuba mentallity that everyone needs to be grouped as the "same" if you are a rec diver.

Glad you had some safe and enjoyable dives! Keep up the Great Lakes Dive posts. I enjoy reading them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom