Dumb spring strap question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jk47

Registered
Reaction score
OK - I have replaced my regular old clippy-straps with lovely new Spring Straps, which I love. My question is this - how tight exactly are they supposed to be? They fit, but one foot seems just every so slightly wiggly inside my fin. Are they supposed to be 'just so', or pretty snug?

If it's snug I definitely need to go smaller...

I think it's personal preference. My spring straps are snug, so my feet don't slide around, but they are not "too" tight. As long as they are tight enough so that your fins won't come off while diving, then I'm thinking it's fine. But I'm no expert and new to spring straps too.

I concur with vel525. I mounted my own spring straps, and they are snug but not too tight. I wouldn't trade them now for a mermaid sighting.

I make them with the goal of being stretched about an inch or so when worn. More is OK but IMO un-necessary. As long as they're comfortable & not loose enough to pose a risk of coming off, but I shoot for a light pressure to the heel when worn.

Thanks for the input. I think I may need to go smaller. I'm between sizes in EVERYTHING!!

there was a thread here about shortening them a week or two ago. apparently it's fairly to do yourself for most spring strap models.

if the straps are too tight they'll feel uncomfortable in soft boots.

Back
Top Bottom