Dumb scuba products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

* Boots on AL80s.... the bottom is already flat. What gives?
They protect pool decks and tiles. Some pools won't let unprotected tanks in.

The rebreather helmet at DEMA was weird. Apparently there was an "incident" in the tryout pool, but no one would tell me what happened, only that they had to surface prematurely. Very prematurely.

However, these scare the crap out of me:

19697002_LRG.23072019020106.jpg

I have one of these. It works great. No dry mouth.

Well, do you feel particularly alert and invigorated by those negative ions? I too like waterfalls and forests . . .

Well, do you feel particularly alert and invigorated by those negative ions? I too like waterfalls and forests . . .
I know nothing about that ion claim and don't care. It moisturizes the gas, that's the point.

"Negative Ions refresh, invigorate and increase alertness. The force of moisture through flow tube crushes water molecules which then attach to oxygen molecules to create negative ions.
Awesome! Now I know why I love coffee: the grinder crushes coffee bean molecules to create negative ions.

Anyone here recall the S.C.U.D.A, from the early 1990s? The so-called "self-contained underwater drinking apparatus," which allowed a diver to drink beverages -- ethanol-laced or not -- through a specialized mouthpiece; bag, and valve?

US4815893A - Self-contained underwater drinking apparatus for scuba divers - Google Patents

I recall guys from my Caribbean days, who would take drinks along while diving, either in knotted surgical gloves or even catheter bags; and would remove their regulator and bite the finger to obtain said drink. Haven't heard from any of them, since the close of the twentieth century -- can't imagine why . . .

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 108
Anyone here recall the S.C.U.D.A, from the early 1990s? The so-called "self-contained underwater drinking apparatus," which allowed a diver to drink beverages -- ethanol-laced or not -- through a specialized mouthpiece; bag, and valve?

US4815893A - Self-contained underwater drinking apparatus for scuba divers - Google Patents

I recall guys from my Caribbean days, who would take drinks along while diving, in knotted surgical gloves or even catheter bags; and would remove their regulator and bite the finger to obtain said drink. Haven't heard from any of them, since the close of the twentieth century -- can't imagine why . . .
I think you can find recent mentions on Scubaboard of members who bring juice boxes on dives.

I think you can find recent mentions on Scubaboard of members who bring juice boxes on dives.

Cuba libres among them?

I guess, since the Aqua Lung i3 system came out, Dacor's push button BC inflation / deflation was a precursor of the future, although I'm not a fan of either.

Bob

Not a fan of the i3 either.

They protect pool decks and tiles. Some pools won't let unprotected tanks in.

The rebreather helmet at DEMA was weird. Apparently there was an "incident" in the tryout pool, but no one would tell me what happened, only that they had to surface prematurely. Very prematurely.

However, these scare the crap out of me:

I heard that some water got in the canisters the first day that helmet was tested in the tryout pool and the guy who was testing it was rushed to the hospital ... Which is why they were showing it the next day? ... really dicey if you ask me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom