DUI Zipseal with SI-Tech... how does it actually hook up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

estaff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm purchasing a used CLX450 which the prior owner just had DUI install zipseals on. I searched numerous threads about SI-Tech dry glove system and DUI suits, so I know they can work together, my question is this...

Will the SI-Tech system and ring(s) attach directly to the DUI Zipseal track? If so, which color ring? [not just clamp to the latex] I understand it will definitely clamp to the latex, but I also saw several folks complain about the sleeves now being too long.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the brand new latex seals as a backup and dive primarily with a dry-glove system that I can switch out replacement gloves easily if one is damaged.

Thanks for any insights!
Eric

Having a set, the only way I can see making them work is over the thinner latex portion. The part that zips together will not be able to create a seal for the dryglove system. Use the ring color that has a tight fit, but not so tight you can't easily put them on.

Here's one approach.

Attachments

• DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5.jpg
    DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 791
Bill- i can't tell exactly what I'm seeing in your photo, is that the SI -Tech connected directly to the zip seal ring? Does it just lock on to the DUI with a black ring? Thanks for posting a pic.

Bill- i can't tell exactly what I'm seeing in your photo, is that the SI -Tech connected directly to the zip seal ring? Does it just lock on to the DUI with a black ring? Thanks for posting a pic.

Wish I could take credit for this idea, but I stole it from other divers. The rings are glued onto an old latex wrist seals and the excess latex is then trimmed away. Been diving this way since 2007 with no failures. I use a heavier glove, which was also put on in 2007.

Wish I could take credit for this idea, but I stole it from other divers. The rings are glued onto an old latex wrist seals and the excess latex is then trimmed away. Been diving this way since 2007 with no failures. I use a heavier glove, which was also put on in 2007.

I did similar but w/out the glue (just folded them on to a ZIP seal the same way you'd attach them to a regular latex)
The issues I found were leaks (maybe my latex was thinner than before and i needed a thicker ring ? and the rings came too far down my hands)

Right now I use the Diving Concepts system which works in a very similar manner, just folded over the latex ZIP

Got it, that makes sense. I guess it was too much to hope for a direct connection, cutting the latex out of the equation. Thanks.

Got it, that makes sense. I guess it was too much to hope for a direct connection, cutting the latex out of the equation. Thanks.

Well, you could cut off the zip part and have someone glue the DC (maybe Sitech?) rings direct to the suit I suppose :)
Problem with that is that I find it a good idea to retain the latex seal in case a glove leaks or wont attach properly and also for warm water diving.

The new si-techs I think you can glue to the suit, and then attach either a latex seal or a dry glove ...

Help me understand, does the latex seal get damaged in the installation of either the SI Tech or Diving Concepts system? I assumed that once you install the rings on a zip seal, you couldn't go back and take them off and use the zip seal with normal wet gloves or without gloves in warmer water dives. If that's the case and you wear the latex seal normally under the dry glove, that does make for a good redudancy to keep the rest of the suit dry in case of a glove failure. Thanks for entertaining these novice questions, I am just getting my first DUI suit in a few days. - Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom