DUI Drysuit Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered the suit with wreck Diving in mind. I figure the top dries quicker than the bottom, which is nice when you're diving each day. I think it gives me more freedom of movement for reaching valves. And The Cordura should be more durable than the TLS. The bottoms are bulletproof!!

then maybe I've gotten it all wrong. What is THE most rugged DUI suit then?

That piece only comes with one year warranty that covers only body material, not the latex seals. And, it is a custom sized suit, not stock size. So, you have to know exact your body measures. Sure, there is always trade off between cheap price and risk. But, it must be good deal if you can be fitted into the suit. If I knew my size, I would bid on that. Unfortunately, there is no DUI dealer nearby my location. Darn.

limeyx:
or if you fit into a stock size, wait until northeast scuba sells one on eBay :)
Got a men's Small TLS350 (shoulder entry not front) for $450.

Tavi:
The Cf200 is the most durable. DUI considers it the top of the line.

It's their most expensive. However, I don't know if I would say that it is more durable than the cordura material.

People like the crushed neoprene because it can produce a somewhat tighter fit. It can also give a little insulation. On the other hand, it is heavier and takes longer to dry.

A Signature Series CLX450 will have a good fit, too. The cordura is tough material. I think it is tougher for things like wreck diving.

I am getting ready to order a 450. I am diving a TLS350 now.

I'm going to get a 450 from DUI too. I love the shop I'm out of. http://www.aquasportscuba.com/
If you chat with Charlene 403-686-6166 she'll likely give you the best price - Canadian dollars, way cheaper than USD.
Hope it helps.
Michelle

DUIs aren't sold in any shops near where I live. Therefore the only DUIs I've seen so far are 350s and 450s other divers use. I am looking for the MOST DURABLE drysuit I can find, but not compressed or crushed neoprene. It should also be very flexible. Actually I'm also considering a Viking rubber suit, but for some that's like swearing in the church, right?...

I will have to have it custom made anyway, because they don't make stock sizes model "Tarzan XL"... :wink:

It should also have a front zipper, so I don't have to ask anyone for help when going solo :wink: :wink: (Or before nature's call as well...)

I'm not a wreck diver but there are lots of rocks and cliffs in Norway. I would also like to have as little positive lift in my next suit as possible.

I am wondering if DUI warranty is an interantional warranty. You can get the same warranty service in U.S. after buysing the suit in Canada? I can directly ask this to DUI though.

mrobinson:
I'm going to get a 450 from DUI too. I love the shop I'm out of. http://www.aquasportscuba.com/
If you chat with Charlene 403-686-6166 she'll likely give you the best price - Canadian dollars, way cheaper than USD.
Hope it helps.
Michelle

KOMPRESSOR:
... I am looking for the MOST DURABLE drysuit I can find, but not compressed or crushed neoprene. ...

It should also have a front zipper, so I don't have to ask anyone for help when going solo :wink: :wink: (Or before nature's call as well...)

I'm not a wreck diver but there are lots of rocks and cliffs in Norway. I would also like to have as little positive lift in my next suit as possible.

Not an expert but if you don't want crushed or regular neoprene then any of the options are kind of inherently a bit fragile. One may be marginally better than the other, but probably not significantly.

solo? what's that?

KOMPRESSOR:
DUIs aren't sold in any shops near where I live. Therefore the only DUIs I've seen so far are 350s and 450s other divers use. I am looking for the MOST DURABLE drysuit I can find, but not compressed or crushed neoprene. It should also be very flexible....[snip]........

sounds like the DUI Clx450 with the all cordura option.

Back
Top Bottom