DUI DOG Days, In RI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not plan, currently, to buy a drysuit. But if there was a demo day, I'd probably come anyway and would consider checking one out. A demo day at Ft. Wetherill would be great and also more convenient than Cape Ann.

Thanks Mike. The ease of access to Ft Wetherill, vice stage fort park or as an addition to SFP is what the shop owner and I were trying to Pitch to the DUI Rep. Basically he was telling us if there is enough interest to make it worth DUI's while they will consider it.

Tom O'Brien and I are also looking into what SNAFU's could arise from the Park Rangers at FT W in regards to getting permission, permitts or things of that nature, be we at newport diving center will continue to press this Issue with DUI. We feel having a DOG days in RI would be a big sucess.

My wife and I went to the DUI Dog Day at Fort Stage Park last spring. It was a great opportunity to try out several models of DUI suits and to find out what size you need.
I'm sure that a Dog Day at Ft Wetherill would be well attended and would help to spur drysuit sales in Southern NE.
I hope DUI sees the wisdom of adding an additional Dog Day in Little Rhody.

Thanks for the input Tom, we here in RI concur. Right now we are being told that there are 2 in the area serving the northeast. Stage fort park and Dutch Springs. But I know for a fact that people in our area who are interested are driving to neither of those. I was at the stage fort park one this year only because I was assisting a Course Directer friend of mine with and IDC she was running. I already OWN a DUI suit. Two as a matter of fact. And I think that a DOG Days In RI wouold draw a good crowd from CT, RI Southern mass and even Long Island.

I dive both sites but RI would be an easier drive for So. Shore MA, RI & Northern CT divers.

I dont think DUI would add another location to NE. If they decided to hold it in RI, they would most likely can the MA location. That wouldnt happen either, because there are quite a few DUI dealers in MA that would be pissed off...
So, in other words, I dont think its goin to happen...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom