Dui compressed neoprene zip gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phipsi246

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have experience with the compressed neoprene zip gloves? Is the dexterity equal to that of the 'Orange' gloves or the 'Smurf' gloves? I am assuming the Kevlar/Neoprene design is very durable but I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with them.

I am currently just using 5MM standard gloves for my cold water and 3MM for my cool water.

Don't waste your time with the CN gloves if you wear s/s bolt snaps or accessories requiring manual dexterity.

The neo gloves are less warm than the smurf gloves and Diving Concepts has them available in Black now for those who don't want to clash too badly.

Rubber dry gloves are excellent and most people shouldn't have a problem with them for durability. Aquaseal also patches them nicely.

Don't waste your time with the CN gloves if you wear s/s bolt snaps or accessories requiring manual dexterity.

The neo gloves are less warm than the smurf gloves and Diving Concepts has them available in Black now for those who don't want to clash too badly.

Rubber dry gloves are excellent and most people shouldn't have a problem with them for durability. Aquaseal also patches them nicely.

Just curious how you base your findings? Have you dove both and with the liner the CN gloves diminished in performance over the Diving Concepts rubber glove?

I find that hard to believe since the CN gloves have a higher volume of air/exhange from the suit to the glove than the Diving Concepts; when you realize that the DC has a second dam for double the redundancy.

I can see that on surface interval the CN gloves suck to the flexibility of removing the DC and having your hands work on the boat for the second dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom