DUI CF200X vs Mares IceFit 4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

obahat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm looking for a dry suit that I will be able to use both in very cold waters (40 degress; pacific NW in winter) as well as tropical scenarios (red sea, etc.).

I narrowed down the list to 2 drysuit candidates, the DUI CF200X and the Mares IceFit 4.0. I bought my original Mares equipment 15 years ago and am still using that same equipment, but I also hear great things about DUI.

My questions are:
1. On the DUI web site there is a comparison between crushed neoprene vs. compressed neoprene. Mares IceFit 4.0 uses highdensity neoprene. Is the latter the same as compressed neoprene or is it closer to crushed neoprene?
2. I do like the front zipped on the CF200x (unlike rear zipper on the IceFit). Can you provide a comparison table between the two suits to list advantages / disadvantages of either one?
3. The cost of the Mares IceFit is ~50% of the CF200x. Is there an official site for DUI where I can find refurbished or used equipment (with DUI warranty, or at least DUI-dealer or DUI tested)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Omri.

Hi Omri,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the CF200. Although I am not familiar with the Mares Icefit, DUI is the only manufacturer of crushed neoprene.

DUI is also the inventor of the self-don drysuit.The front-zip on the self-don suits is definitely beneficial for donning purposes. Also, many find the suits to be much more comfortable across the shoulders. DUI suits have the telescoping torso allowing for ease of putting on and taking off the suit.The telescoping torso also allows for a variety of size and body types to fit into stock sizes and still have a comfortable fit (though we also offer special production suits).

DUI offers a 7 year warranty on new suits covering materials and workmanship.

To answer your question, we do have a list of factory refurbished suits that are offered at awesome discounts. The link is Factory rebuilt list at DUI - Diving Unlimited International..

If you are interested in a new suit, DUI offers a finance program...dive free for 1 year. There is no interest for 1 year. You can apply for the finance program directly on our website.

DUI takes extra care in the production of each suit and in making sure our customers are very well taken care of. We know what it means to have an enjoyable dive depend on your drysuit.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thanks again,

Jessica
DUI

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Back
Top Bottom