Dui Cf200 Vs. Tls350??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014:
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the advantages/disadvantages of each suit against each other?

As Lance Armstrong - Its not about the bike.

What kind of diving are you doing today? 5 Years from now?

You gotta start asking yourself some questions, and provide us with a little more info if you want real answers - otherwise, go search the archives...

Glad to assist, but you gotta meet us half-way, buddy.

K

To be simplistic:

CF200 is extremely durable and has some inherent insulation. It will require you to wear more lead than the TLS350 and takes forever to dry after diving--also the suit itself is heavy, which may be a factor if you are going to take it on a trip.

TLS350 is their most popular suit, and for many reasons. Very durable, light weight, dries quickly after diving and packs in a small bundle. Should need the same or less weight than you wear with a 7mm wet suit. Also very flexible and easy to move in, and available in several colors including the ever-fashionable black.

You didn't ask, but the CLX-450 is somewhere in between the other two suits. So if you want to get the best of both worlds, this is your suit.

My opinions, others will differ somewhat.

theskull

with the CF200 you will wear less weight then a 7mm wet suit, I dropped about 8 pounds when I switched to diving dry with a CF200. The CF200 suit is also slightly negative in salt water and the bouyancy doesn't change at depth like a regular neoprene suit does.

nyresq:
with the CF200 you will wear less weight then a 7mm wet suit, I dropped about 8 pounds when I switched to diving dry with a CF200. The CF200 suit is also slightly negative in salt water and the bouyancy doesn't change at depth like a regular neoprene suit does.

huh? I was going to say it is positive... even in fresh water.

if you take a CF200 suit with the zipper open and drop it in water (only try this if you have a very long time to let it dry out) it will sink.
And then throw in your stupid friend for throwing your CF200 suit in, and he will sink also (friend may require some lead depending on swimming ability).

trust me... it sinks in a pool if the zipper is open...... and takes a week to dry inside and out.....

nyresq:
if you take a CF200 suit with the zipper open and drop it in water (only try this if you have a very long time to let it dry out) it will sink.
And then throw in your stupid friend for throwing your CF200 suit in, and he will sink also (friend may require some lead depending on swimming ability).

trust me... it sinks in a pool if the zipper is open...... and takes a week to dry inside and out.....
ah! ok. it's true about drying a week, plus it's very heavy. i treid CF200 about six times, after that I gave up and got the trilam.

theskull:
TLS350 is their most popular suit, and for many reasons. Very durable, light weight, dries quickly after diving and packs in a small bundle. Should need the same or less weight than you wear with a 7mm wet suit. Also very flexible and easy to move in, and available in several colors including the ever-fashionable black.

You didn't ask, but the CLX-450 is somewhere in between the other two suits. So if you want to get the best of both worlds, this is your suit.

My opinions, others will differ somewhat.

theskull

Actually, the 350 is not at all flexible. Its nylon tri-lam... not an inch of flexibility.

The 5050 is their most flexible suit (after the CF200, of course) as its CF200 in the legs, and a Polyester material in the top (not TLS350 nylon material) and has the best mobility to weight ratio.

The 450 is cordura-tough. Its a fairly abrasion resistant tri-lam material.

I bought the 50/50 - if I had to do it all again. I'd get the TLS 350.

K

Mo2vation:
Actually, the 350 is not at all flexible. Its nylon tri-lam... not an inch of flexibility.

The 5050 is their most flexible suit (after the CF200, of course) as its CF200 in the legs, and a Polyester material in the top (not TLS350 nylon material) and has the best mobility to weight ratio.

The 450 is cordura-tough. Its a fairly abrasion resistant tri-lam material.

I bought the 50/50 - if I had to do it all again. I'd get the TLS 350.

K

ha, I bought a PoS Oceanic suit... I am doing it all over again and getting the 5thD suit next month.

VTernovski:
ha, I bought a PoS Oceanic suit... I am doing it all over again and getting the 5thD suit next month.
How are you getting measured for it? Just measure yourself and send it in?

Back
Top Bottom