Dui Cf200 Vs. Tls350??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
How are you getting measured for it? Just measure yourself and send it in?
no way, you can't effectively measure yourself. and you really need a person to know what he is doing when measuring you. I will be lucky enough for have Andrew G. measure me himself. For that kind of money I don't chance to have anyone else measure me. I've done a share of trial and errors in the past. never again.

VTernovski:
no way, you can't effectively measure yourself. and you really need a person to know what he is doing when measuring you.
Right, I didn't actually mean you would do it yourself.

I will be lucky enough for have Andrew G. measure me himself. For that kind of money I don't chance to have anyone else measure me. I've done a share of trial and errors in the past. never again.
Are you going to meet up with him when he's out here teaching? For me getting measured for one of their suits seems to be a huge problem because, like you said, trial and error isn't a viable option.

cornfed:
Right, I didn't actually mean you would do it yourself.

Are you going to meet up with him when he's out here teaching? For me getting measured for one of their suits seems to be a huge problem because, like you said, trial and error isn't a viable option.

Yes, I scheduled to see him in Boston in June when MHK and AG comesing to teach DIR-F class.

VTernovski:
Yes, I scheduled to see him in Boston in June when MHK and AG comesing to teach DIR-F class.
A couple of us were going to head up there to hang out with the class but our schedules don't work out. Oh well, maybe next time...

Mo2vation:
Actually, the 350 is not at all flexible. Its nylon tri-lam... not an inch of flexibility.

The 450 is cordura-tough. Its a fairly abrasion resistant tri-lam material.

I bought the 50/50 - if I had to do it all again. I'd get the TLS 350.

The material itself is not at all flexible, as in it will not stretch. What I meant was that it is very easy to bend in any direction since the material is not at all stiff. Therefore, YOU are more flexible in this suit. Sorry for the poor wording.

I bought the 450 for its toughness, as I do some cave diving. If I were not into this part of the sport, I would go for the TLS 350 as well!

theskull

theskull:
The material itself is not at all flexible, as in it will not stretch. What I meant was that it is very easy to bend in any direction since the material is not at all stiff. Therefore, YOU are more flexible in this suit. Sorry for the poor wording.

I bought the 450 for its toughness, as I do some cave diving. If I were not into this part of the sport, I would go for the TLS 350 as well!

theskull

Peace,

Moulder.

I use a CF200 and find that the best thing about it is that it can be cut far less baggy than the tri-lams. This is especially handy in the legs since I have zero issues with ballooning in head-down positions. This may be just me but this "feature" obviates the need for gaiters or some other gizmo to address this. This can be very important to new drysuit divers. I find the discussion about weight to be a bit misleading- since you are wearing a drysuit one can assume that you will be in cold water with plenty of insulation. I would rather have that weight distributed all around to match the bouyancy of insulation than anywhere else. I suppose if you plan on using the suit in warmer waters this argument might not hold any water.
I find the stretchyness of the material to be a great feature since it allows the suit to be better tailored without so many wrinkles- which is a comfort factor all by itself. The stretchy material allows as large a range of motion as possible even with a squeeze in the suit. I like that as opposed to the bound-up feeling you can get with the slightly tacky interiors of some trilams.
Wherever I have been diving I have found the suit dries overnight on the most important surface- the inside. You hang it inside out. There will always be some condensation on the inside but this is very minimal. The outside dries just like a wetsuit- when hung up all the water will drain through the material and end up at the lowest point- generally the boots. This means that all the inside and >70% of the outside is dry to the touch overnight. This has always been totally adequate for me. You must remember that there is about a cup of water in the boot when you reverse the suit in the morning. This drying behavior has been the case in locations from Alaska to Ecuador to Lake Michigan- now I suppose if you wad it up in some place with 100% humidity and no air motion THEN it might take a week.

Back
Top Bottom