DUI and SI TECH Glove Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coinking

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DUI's price list shows: "SI Tech Ring System Only - $120" and "SI Tech Ring System with Gloves & Liners - $210". I can't find any further information on their website as to which SI Tech system this is.

Per SI Tech's website, they have the Glove Lock system (part no. 60520) and the
Quick Glove system (which has different combinations with different locking
systems).

Does anybody know (I know DUI knows!) what SI Tech ring system DUI offers and what installation options they offer? Model numbers?

As I have need to switch back & forth between regular wrist seals & dry gloves, I tried the quick glove system, but never could get it to work, the gloves leaked every time. Even with resetting them multiple times, they still leaked. I just recently got my suit back from DUI to have Zip Seals put on it. I've already switched the seals out quickly & easily. I haven't been able to try the suit out just yet but hope to very soon.

For anybody with a similar question, per Michael in DUI customer service, the SI TECH system that DUI offers is the Glove lock QCP system. They don't do any installation - they just supply the system (with or without gloves/liners). Please see the attached link to si-tech.

SI TECH Dry Glove Systems

UPDATE - In December I was told by DUI customer service in San Diego that DUI uses the SI TECH Glove Lock QCP system (he even sent a link to the SI TECH's website with the instructions for the Glove Lock QCP system). When my drysuit shipped, it came with a different system: the Quick Glove/Quick Clamp system. Upon inquiry, I was told today that they DO NOT use the SI TECH Glove Lock QCP system, only the Quick Glove/Quick Clamp system. I'm a little disappointed that they can't figure out what they actually offer their customers . . .

I greatly apologize you did not get the Si-Tech gloves you thought you were getting. I spoke with the Customer Service person after the fact and explained the differences. We sell so few now with the ZipSeals so he was not as familiar with the systems as he should have been. That is my fault.

You are correct that DUI only has the Quick Glove system in stock. This one presses the two rings together to lock them in place. I hope that helps.

Faith

I use the SI Tech Quick Glove/Quick Clamp system with my DUI suit and zip seals. They work perfectly for me. They are very easy to put on and take off. So, give them a shot. Hopefully, they will work as well for you as they do for me.

UPDATE - In December I was told by DUI customer service in San Diego that DUI uses the SI TECH Glove Lock QCP system (he even sent a link to the SI TECH's website with the instructions for the Glove Lock QCP system). When my drysuit shipped, it came with a different system: the Quick Glove/Quick Clamp system. Upon inquiry, I was told today that they DO NOT use the SI TECH Glove Lock QCP system, only the Quick Glove/Quick Clamp system. I'm a little disappointed that they can't figure out what they actually offer their customers . . .

Back
Top Bottom