Duals No Manifold no Bands...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunundrum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Guys,

I have seen this setup, but I can't seem to find any for sale. This seems like a good option for traveling as you don't need to find rent twins, you can just grab two singles strap them on and dive, other advantages are present if the diver has a gas switching capable computer...

There are disadvantages too, weight of the full tank and one less than full one so on.

It is basically a BC or BP/W setup to accept Dual "Single", Both tanks strapped down like a single setup, and have their own regulator.

anyone know what Mfg sells a setup like this, or do I have to build it? I would love to take a closer look at this type of setup.

Thanks

Kun

you're talking about independent doubles? or sidemount?

Hi Guys,

I have seen this setup, but I can't seem to find any for sale. This seems like a good option for traveling as you don't need to find rent twins, you can just grab two singles strap them on and dive, other advantages are present if the diver has a gas switching capable computer...

There are disadvantages too, weight of the full tank and one less than full one so on.

It is basically a BC or BP/W setup to accept Dual "Single", Both tanks strapped down like a single setup, and have their own regulator.

anyone know what Mfg sells a setup like this, or do I have to build it? I would love to take a closer look at this type of setup.

Thanks

Kun

They do not seem to be popular here, All people I see dive manifolded doubles.

If traveling is all you are concerned about you can get BP/W with manifolded double setup here and switch to a single tank setup with a stage when you go traveling. It will give you exactly the same features as independent twins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom