DSW-MEGADIVE PARTY, Version 1.2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, at this point, it's leaning back towards Ginnie. I've been told that the hurricanes will be screwing up the water tables for the next few months. Since Ginnie has more options for divers, it looks like we're back to that for the Halloween party. I've emailed Ginnie about cost and events for that weekend as it is a holiday, though not a major one. They have not responded yet. Ginnie is a great site for dive options as even the darkwater flooding is kept back by the outflow for the most part.The Devil system gets inundated a bit, as do the twin springs, but by then, the river should be fairly clean. From what I was told, just like, or better than, it was in April. I also agree on Cra2's comment about saving a few bucks but killing more in gas. Although it's not a big expense, someone NOT familiar with the area can get lost easily. Best to limit it to Ginnie and show where the other sites are instead. Ginnie's normal prices are listed on the website http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com I'll post final prices when I get them. This will be a reserve your own site deal, but the sites we chose before had great amounts of space available. I'll dig out those maps and send out the numbers for reservations.

While I would normally lean toward state parks for diving due to cost, I think Ginnie is better for a large get together (at least for diving) due to unlimited divers and OW and bubble watchers activities.

For any other group (snorkelers, tubers, etc) there are many much better options. Itchetucknee is awesome, and you can see as much there snorkeling as you do diving OW elsewhere, IMHO.

I think we should consider a one day deal for nearer folks at some point as well, maybe a huge descent on K.P. Hole with boats and kayaks to do a drift dive down Rainbow.

I'm getting confused... now there are TWO megadive party threads with current posts. lol. Which is official?

This is the best one for now... I will post a new thread regarding the megadive and it will have "Final Update" or something similar in the title. It will also have the important info stuck in the FIRST post. I'm sure with a bit of coaxing, we could get Andy or someone to help me keep the updated ino in the first post updated.This way, if you want to keep up with comments, read the posts. If you just want the main info, look at the FIRST post. I have my computer up and running from the before the storm threat, and will be getting things ready for the trip. I hope to have the update thread running by the end of tthe week.

I will be reserving my campsite for Ginnie this week and it will be under the new dive shop name! I will post all this after I get the registrations under way as Florida is a stickler on DBA's without them.
I will be listing what site I have reserved and it will be in the same location we were in before. I may snag two campsites side by side so we are assured a large meeting area. At this point, I'm looking at renting a pavillion as well, since we KNOW how the weather can be! I will probably just look at getting regular pricing for the weekend so there will not be the confusion at the office we had last time. Campsite rez will be RYO, so that will not get confusing either. They seemed to become overwhelmed with all the different pricing stuff.
This time it will be simple and fast. Show up, pay fees come eat, dive, camp, and have fun! I will post a new thread as soon as I get the final setup and invitation complete. I will then ask a Mod about the sticky stuff and updating the first post of the thread if needed.
LET'S GET READY TO BUBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I will be reserving my campsite for Ginnie this week and it will be under the new dive shop name! I will post all this after I get the registrations under way as Florida is a stickler on DBA's without them.
LET'S GET READY TO BUBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!
New dive shop? I think I missed something. I don't think it's outside of procedure if you mention that you will be DBA before it's set as long as it's stated in a personal environment (ie scubaboard people drug it out of you.).

Keep us informed, Mr. Buffer.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom