DSMB colour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the midst of all this nonsense about what color to use, when (or if) to deploy it, how to inflate it, yada, yada..., There is one topic I have not seen addressed here, and that is testing the durn thing periodically. I have seen more than one diver who has a SMB clipped to their vest which has been hanging there for years and probably never used. Those things do age and get brittle, you know, and I once unrolled an old one of mine to test it, and found it had split right along the seam and was useless. The better ones are more reliable, but until you open them up and put air in them you just don't know how they are going to work when you need them. Attempting to deploy one of these on the surface is a particularly unfortunate time to find out that yours has split, don't you think? Just my humble opinion... Woody

But this is probably the best line in the thread.

I'll try to remember it for the next time we have a steel tanks thread.

If you want your SMB to stand out though- I'm telling you, that's the way to do it. (Except in the Florida Keys, where apparently they are all blinged out.)

My wife wears a rhinestone tiara while diving.

I wear knee-high black socks.

Back
Top Bottom