ds4 sales?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver4life

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any other lds or online stores other than scubastore that sell this 1st stage.
And if not, how are they still selling it.
Thanks,
Doug

RichLockyer:
So who got the ORERoD (O-Ring Extruding Reg of Death)
:D

I'm sort of new at all this but am I missing something here with this comment? I'm looking at buying my first reg setup for my wife and I which are apex ds4 tx50, scubapro 25/600 or 16/550 and aqualung legend. I heard they all are good regs in general with individual comments on each that they are bad.
It amazes me how people that have one brand cut down another. The bottom line is my wife and I want the SAFEST reg period. Its hard to make a decision when its so up and down with opinions, but thats what makes the world go around.
Thanks for all comments and of coarse OPINIONS :)
Doug

diver4life:
It amazes me how people that have one brand cut down another. The bottom line is my wife and I want the SAFEST reg period. Its hard to make a decision when its so up and down with opinions, but thats what makes the world go around.
Thanks for all comments and of coarse OPINIONS :)
The reg that I was referring to was his Poseidon. The HP hose needed a 90-degree adapter, as the HP port pointed directly at the back of his head. The only way it would work without the adapter would be on a doubles system where the SPG came directly over the shoulder (not a common system in the US, more common in Europe).
What would happen is any time pressure was put on the hose causing any kind of rotational force on the adapter, it would blow the O-ring out of the adapter. This happened several times during our DIR-F class, and he decided to dump the Poseidon and switch to an Apeks TX50/DS4 set.

diver4life:
I'm looking at buying my first reg setup for my wife and I which are apex ds4 tx50, scubapro 25/600 or 16/550 and aqualung legend. I heard they all are good regs in general with individual comments on each that they are bad.
The bottom line is my wife and I want the SAFEST reg period. Doug
you heard right tehy are all top, or close to top of the line regs. If safety is your main concern, Flip a coin. all are very safe and reputable brand names. No matter what regulator you choose, there will always be someone to tell you that it is no good because they don't have it and they would have taken if it was good, in their opinion. So take everyone's word as just that. An opinion.

Back
Top Bottom