Apeks - XTX 50 / DST tec set not a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyndle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I would like to get a single cylinder long hose set with 2*XTX 50 but I can't find that anywhere. If I try to buy it individually that's how much it costs:
XTX 50 with DST first stage: 565 eur
second XTX 50: 229 eur (no hose)
Long hose: 50 eur
SPG: 100eur
Total: 944eur

But then a similar set (sold as a set, not part by part) with an MTX-RC for 1039 eur. The price gap is smaller than the gap of buying 1st and 2nd stages (XTX 50 at 565 eur vs MTX-RC at 729 eur).

Which gets me wondering, why is nobody selling a set for the xtx50? Did I miss something? I thought this was a very popular option for tec diving (DST and/or DS4)?

It is a very popular regulator. A single tank set is usually sold not with a long hose, but in an octo configuation OR as a doubles-setup with two first stages. It's not that there's something wrong with these regulators.

In fact, If I do a quick search for DS4+XTX50 doubles set, I get this very nice deal for under € 600: double tank set Apeks DS4 XTX 50 / Miflex SF-1 Edition

It includes 2 DST first stages (one of which you could sell), 2 XTX 50 second stages and the hoses. Sell one first stage and you can have a very nice SPG (which aren't €100, usually).

I see, thanks for the reply! Your deal is indeed incredibly cheap, almost makes no sense! (I see 726eur no 600eur, but that's still cheap considering one XTX50/DST is 565eur on the website I was checking).

But noted for the long hose setup, pretty rare that people want to buy this for a single cylinder. I'll probably get a double setup then (I'll need it anyways at some point, just wanted to buy things progressively and start with a single tank first)

The price on that website changes if you change the country you want it delivered (I changed it to US, since that's what it says on your profile - that's when I got 600).

Ah I see. Yeah I live in Thailand now, but unfortunately US or Thailand or most other countries, you get charged a lot of taxes and fees if you get this delivered.

You're lucky to live in Europe, you have a vast selection of gear available. Here we have good dive sites but no gear haha!

Anyway, if you look for doubles regulator sets, you might find better deals than if you try to piece one long hose setup together from loose parts.

Check Deepstop Singletank-Regulatorsets - Deepstop GmbH

They usually have DS4 and DST long hose short hose setups plus if you outside the EU no VAT and deepstop is very good about shipping pretty much anywhere in the world.

I have ordered things from them in the past. Very good customer service and super fast shipping

1685949914077.png

It is a very popular regulator. A single tank set is usually sold not with a long hose, but in an octo configuation OR as a doubles-setup with two first stages. It's not that there's something wrong with these regulators.

In fact, If I do a quick search for DS4+XTX50 doubles set, I get this very nice deal for under € 600: double tank set Apeks DS4 XTX 50 / Miflex SF-1 Edition

It includes 2 DST first stages (one of which you could sell), 2 XTX 50 second stages and the hoses. Sell one first stage and you can have a very nice SPG (which aren't €100, usually).

Or this is a good option too. I actually just placed an order with SF-1 last week for a massive pile of Apeks service kits. They too are very good about shipping worldwide. Also same thing take 20% off if outside the EU and they also have a nice deal where if you do a bank transfer (I use Wise) instead of credit card you get an extra 3% off.

1685954064839.png

Ah I see. Yeah I live in Thailand now, but unfortunately US or Thailand or most other countries, you get charged a lot of taxes and fees if you get this delivered.

You're lucky to live in Europe, you have a vast selection of gear available. Here we have good dive sites but no gear haha!

I just noticed your note about tax in US and Thailand. Yes Thailand (and pretty much all of Asia) you get nailed with tax but if you do go back and forth between the US and Thailand just know that US has no import tax on scuba diving equipment. Or if you have a friend in HK just ship it there as its tax free. I just did this with a rebreather couple months ago. saved myself around €1500 in VAT

I do not live in the US either and really only go back to visit family and pick up mass quantities of diving gear that I order from online EU/UK sites and send to the US throughout the year when things go on sale. I have shipped into the US, entire rebreathers, sidemount wings, regular wings, backplates, lots of mask, computers, dozens of regs, hoses, and tons of misc accessories. All is VAT free from the EU and not import tax into the US. Literally saved thousands and thousands of dollars doing this. Plus most of this stuff I am buying for friends in Asia and I add my little commission.

I actually have no clue what anyone in the US would buy EU/UK made diving equipment from US online retailers when you can buy it form EU online sites for a lower price. Sometime I get Apeks and SP regs almost 30-40% off the regular price in the US.

Perfect example as mentioned previously I just placed an order with sf-1 and a friend asked me to add on an o2 DS4 to the order for him. It was €158 (USD$168) see my invoice below. Oh and DHL shipping was €40 (split between 3 friends so about €14) and DHL takes care off all import paperwork etc. DGX has the regular non o2 one for $350. I was too lazy to search around for an o2 version but I am assuming they are around $400

1685957634539.png

Back
Top Bottom