ds4 routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DS4's are obviously not the optimal first stages for sidemount diving, but as you've seen, they are workable. I'd uncant the regs though. The hoses will lay a little flatter if they are square to the valve. Once you get the right hose lengths they will be much more comfortable too.

20180904_165317.jpg

It seems almost all hoses i have are not perfect hehe. The plan is to eventually make a dedicated set for SM though.

I can't the first stages over just a little bit to get the hoses to lay a bit flatter, but not quite at the extreme of the DS4's pictured above.

@Preach I'm a big dude, 6'4" with a 52" chest, and I keep my bottles VERY far back. My short hose is 32" with a ball swivel on it and it is the right length. 30" is more common. You may be able to find a 28-30" hose easily since they are the "standard" length regulator hose

Tx for the tip, i still have a "standard" length hose from a very long time ago, good enough to try and see if this lengths suits me.

View attachment 478199

It seems almost all hoses i have are not perfect hehe. The plan is to eventually make a dedicated set for SM though.

Ah, that's interesting. I don't have any HP hoses with a swage that long. Makes more sense as so why they're at an angle.

Ah, that's interesting. I don't have any HP hoses with a swage that long. Makes more sense as so why they're at an angle.

I never noticed that it was this long, till i tried it in a sidemount setup :p

1st stage 90 deg hose adapter might help you to get a better routing towards BC inflator and drysuit valve.

I played around with the routing a bit and it's slowly getting better. I changed the short hose for a 30 inch hose(hose facing up on the ds4). While this is much better, 28-29 inch would be perfect.

shifted some lead further down, so i'm less butt light when the alu80's get buoyant.

made some dedicated travel rigging (used modified stage rigging before). i used cold water bolt snaps for the rigging, which are actually to big. It would be easier to keep the bottles trimmed out with shorter bolt snaps.

Thanks for the tips so far, it helped!

Back
Top Bottom