Drysuits WITHOUT Laytex Neck Seals and Wrist Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The newer seals seem pretty indestructable. I hear the earlier versions did have some issues.
I was told the same thing. My silicone seal broke a while ago, and I just put in the replacement (stronger?) last night. I had never done it before and didn't quite have the technique down, so that is probably why it took me over 5 minutes to complete the job.

Reactions: Jax
Having used both neo and latex neck seals, I've found the neo neck seals are more comfortable and warmer, but a little more difficult to put on and take off. The neo neck seals also last a lot longer (about 5 years of heavy use 200+ dives per year compared to about 300 dives with a latex neck seal). For wrist seals, SI tech makes silicon seals. Bare offers both of these options on new drysuits (latex, silicon or neoprene wrist and neck seals).

Of course, just after I talked about how easily my neck seal went on, I went for a dive with a group of friends. I was very carefully pulling my hand out of the suit after a dive when a chunk of silicone wrist seal came off in my hand. Fortunately, one of my dive mates had a replacement latex seal that I could use for the next dive. I op oput it on, did the dive, took it off, and returned the loaner to him.

I ordered a new seal and some backups yesterday. I hope they arrive in time for Saturday's dive.

So the good news is they are a breeze to replace on site if you have a spare; the bad news is that it is very likely you will need that spare.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom