Drysuit Weight Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So -- no one has answered my question - is 28 pounds within the range of "normal"?

Yes it is. I was wearing 28 lbs with AL80 even in fresh water. Start with the amount that sinks you at 500 psi and then take some weight off when you become proficient with the suit.

I now wear 14 lb on the belt + 5.5 BP with a steel tank and winter undergarment. with the AL80 it would be in a 25lb range.

The weight mostly depends upon the undergarment you wear if it's a trilam suit.

Sorry Jax, i'm embarrassed. No scorn intended. I'm just a sinker.

:rofl3: No, Dan, I was JOKING! Please, no apologies necessary! :kiss2:

. . . but . . .

you're "just a sinker"? :rofl3: Was that pun intended?!?!?! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Thanks Joy, Steel bp, makes a big difference, does it not??/

Hi Keith! For me, it made a huge difference. I never even had a weight integrated DCD, went straight from an old fashioned poodle jacket with weight belt, right into a steel BP/W. I used to dive in a verticle position, based upon my body's bouyancy. Once I put on the plate, I am now horizontally trimmed out, and get as close as an inch to the bottom, without even touching. Have even managed to drop a pound or two off my total weight that I need to carry. :D

Marginally better than a floater?

:D

:rofl3: OMG, now THAT is funny!

. . . still, a 'sinker' in a weight thread . . . . :idea: I need more wine.

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"?
Sorry.....It's not often an engineer gets to quote the Bard.
Where's that wine?

Okay, so what kind of engineer?

And: gratuitus topic line: how much weight to you dive with?

Seemingly one gifted in reducing (hijacking) honest inquiry to merely a friendly chat.

(See my other posts in the Bahamas forum for my further abuses of the "board".)

PM to follow......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom