Drysuit Weight Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joyce -- do you dive dry?

:lol:

Joyce -- do you dive dry?

Not here at home. Although if I owned a drysuit, I'd be wearing it this winter. Water temps have plummetted this season, to high 60's/low 70's! :shocked2: I did however, borrow one for my trip when ScubaBoard invaded SoCal, several years back.

I'm trying on Shannon Wessling's.

Jax, 5 ft 7" , weight 160#, I'm in a drysuit, Bare Nexgen, high loft Bare underwear, weight integrated Zeagle Ranger LTD BCD, Al 80 tanks, Apex XTX 200 regs, and dive in cold, fresh water at altitude. I carry 34# and that seems to be the right weight for me. Salt water, I would need approx 3-4# more. I tried to get down with 32# once (my mistake) and had a hard time. If you go to steel 100 tanks ( Worthingtons ), you can drop 7# due to the tank buoyancy differences. I have 8# in the back releasable pockets and 26# in the front releasable pockets. I tried ankle weights for a while and found I had better trim without them, kept the weight though.
Take the drysuit course too.

Back
Top Bottom