Drysuit sqeeeze after dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found out that the squeeze underwater can cause your p-valve to leak if you don't add air into the suit...

This can happen if you leave the valve open. The p-valve should be closed when you're not urinating to prevent leaks.

You can also get a bit of a urine leak into the suit with a balanced p-valve if you try to urinate with a bit of a squeeze on.

Back to the OPs question, I always pull a little slack into the crotch while I'm at the surface to prevent crotch squeeze. Certain men, like me, will experience crotch squeeze worse than others. As you descend the first ten feet, it pays to continue to monitor crotch slack and pull some more before you get a full-on squeeze-on.

Actually this is exactly the problem. When I looked in my suit, I found that the suspenders had slipped past where they should be. Makes sense now. Fixed the problem hopefully.

That's great. There's not much that's better than an easy fix. It seems like something you would feel when you don the suit, not just after the dive. I guess that's why I didn't think it was the problem you were having. Glad I could point you in the right direction.

That's great. There's not much that's better than an easy fix. It seems like something you would feel when you don the suit, not just after the dive. I guess that's why I didn't think it was the problem you were having. Glad I could point you in the right direction.

Never really noticed it when donning the suit. It was always snug but not too uncomfortable at that point. Perhaps it's because I am always preoccupied with the neck seal before the dive, that I never really noticed.

Back
Top Bottom