Drysuit sqeeeze after dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also inflate the suit gradually as I'm walking out of the water. Otherwise I end up completely shrink wrapped. Good advice from Ed Hayes - thanks Ed :)

Henrik

I get that problem too, even with drysuit underwear. I was half thinking of wearing an athletic cup just to see if it helps

I considered wearing an athletic cup, but then I started thinking about the vacuum experiments we did back in high school. I'm pretty sure that under a vacuum, 1) your cup would get driven inward by the pressure and 2) your 'family jewels' would expand to fill the volume that was left over... :crazyeye:

I decided that was an experience I didn't want.

If you decide to try it, please post and let us know how it works out. :popcorn:

Edit: I just noticed your handle is "Kick Nads". Hmm...

I found out that the squeeze underwater can cause your p-valve to leak if you don't add air into the suit...

I was doing drills over the weekend at 23+ feet and didn't want too much air in the suit. So I tried completing the drills in very little air, I then started to feel a very faint trickle of cool in my left leg...

I was upset thinking my suit was compromised but found out the valves can start to leak if the squeeze is tight underwater, has anyone else had similiar experience with their suits?

MG

I found out that the squeeze underwater can cause your p-valve to leak if you don't add air into the suit...

I was doing drills over the weekend at 23+ feet and didn't want too much air in the suit. So I tried completing the drills in very little air, I then started to feel a very faint trickle of cool in my left leg...

I was upset thinking my suit was compromised but found out the valves can start to leak if the squeeze is tight underwater, has anyone else had similiar experience with their suits?

MG

Sure...blame the valve! :rofl3:

Shouldn't happen...

RJP,

That's odd, I read that the Apeks valves can leak if the squeeze is strong at the beginning of a dive?

RJP,

That's odd, I read that the Apeks valves can leak if the squeeze is strong at the beginning of a dive?

Didn't say it DOESN'T happen...said it SHOULDN'T happen.

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom