Drysuit pvalve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pvalve and it’s gonna be first time using it this weekend, I have the catheter but how to connect to the hose I insert the catheter over the tube or inside the pvavle tube?

Try both and report back with the results!

Over. Tip of catheter goes over the barbed fitting.

Do you have a quick connect? If not you should get one.

My method is to trim off the end of the connection tube, where the barb of the quick connect goes into the catheter so that the barb is just intruding into your “personal” space, this helps to prevent kinking. It should make sense as you do it but I can take some pictures of this part of the process, to show the whole process I will have to creat an only fans account.

Do you have a quick connect? If not you should get one.

My method is to trim off the end of the connection tube, where the barb of the quick connect goes into the catheter so that the barb is just intruding into your “personal” space, this helps to prevent kinking. It should make sense as you do it but I can take some pictures of this part of the process, to show the whole process I will have to creat an only fans account.
do you have a link for the quick connect. can I get that at an hardware store?

I use the no shut off type that I get from Seaskin, there are a few pee valve threads that have the part number and where they get them, most of the bigger on line shops will have them too, check DRIS.

Some of us have bought them from Amazon as well as (more expensive) McMaster-Carr. Try this Google search query for some threads mentioning quick disconnects for p-valves:

site:scubaboard.com quick disconnect p-valve

Here are the parts you need for a proper-fitting QD from McMaster-Carr:
Pee-tube side: 5012K672 (5/16" barb)
Catheter side: 5012K72 (3/8" barb)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom