Drysuit Poll

Which suit? Remember - YOU are paying for it!

• Andy's DS3

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • 5thD-750

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • DUI TLS350

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • DUI CLX450

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing as I live on the East Coast it is easier for service with Andy's than DUI. I own this same suit and am happy with it. It took ten days for my new style weight harness from DUI to come in. Just to let everyone no there is a big diff. in the harness than the old style, the support straps are much lighter and thinner and the pouches are non-adjustable. However it is still cheaper than the Andys harness. Just as a thought the Dive Rite dry suit looks to be everybit a Andy's.

chuckrt

I would go with the DS-3 and add the Fifth-D pockets and P-Valve. I hear that FifthD won't sell the suit unless you are IN store.

Eric

I live in Washington, DC, so I am pretty near Andy too...

For the most bang for the buck, Viking's Xtreme is about the best deal on the market.
Northern Diver has custom cuts for less than the cost of an off the rack DUI & the even use the same "questionable" Apeks valves (Si Tech requires way less maintainence). ND's zippers are heavier too, same ones as used on commercial suits.

Bob3 once bubbled...
For the most bang for the buck, Viking's Xtreme is about the best deal on the market.
Northern Diver has custom cuts for less than the cost of an off the rack DUI & the even use the same "questionable" Apeks valves (Si Tech requires way less maintainence). ND's zippers are heavier too, same ones as used on commercial suits.

Aren't you a Viking and ND dealer? Don't want to accuse you of anything (maybe you're a Viking dealer because you think Viking suits are the most bang for your buck), but I've learned never to trust a salesman when he tells me his wares are better than the rest :wink:

(edit: I should add that I just bought a ND suit because it's an awesome suit for the price, and the above comment was *intended* to be good natured :wink:)

Well, what kind of diving are you doing?

remember, use the right tool for the job.

Here in the NE, we dive wrecks (most of us). I use a CF200, tough as nails. I would NEVER use a rubber Viking suit on a wreck.

However, if I was diving in dirty waters (ie, nyc's east river...) I would use the Viking or something more HAZMAT suitable.

cavers like lighter-weight trilam suits, they don't need all of that CF200 abrasion protection, but they do need some, and the trilam is the best weight/toughness trade off for that application.

I was in this same position considering the same choices you mentioned O-Ring and I ended up coming across a slightly used DUI CF200 for a price that I couldn't pass up that saved me half of what it would've cost for any of the suits you mentioned brand new. There are good deals to be had on Ebay, just another option I guess. I guess if you're diving wrecks of the choices you listed I'd get the 5thD-750 or the CLX-450. Several wreck divers here in Minnesota dive the CLX-450 and love them.

Well, what kind of diving are you doing?

NE wrecks...NC, MD, VA Beach, NJ, etc... I realize the cordura is tougher, but the price is a lot steeper too...

O-ring once bubbled...

NE wrecks...NC, MD, VA Beach, NJ, etc... I realize the cordura is tougher, but the price is a lot steeper too...

I'm not trying to sell you one over the other, but it's always more expensive to buy it twice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom