Drysuit hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalScot

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought my first drysuit. A whites Fusion of coarse. :)

I have a question about hoods. I was diving a Scuba Max Maxflex 5/3 hood which I LOVE! It is super stretchy and the most comfortable hood I have ever tried. So I would like to find something similar to use with my new drysuit. But in looking at the scuba max website I do not see a similar hood for drysuits. But...I found a waterproof hood that looks exactly like it and it is meant to be worn with drysuits. It has the same stitching, same design, same unique looking vents on the top of the hood. So I am hoping that one of them is a rip off of the other. Or a copy or what ever you want to call it.

But I do not have a local shop that carries the waterproof hood.

I am hoping that someone on this board might be familiar with both hoods and can tell me if they are similar in feel and construction.

The waterproof hood is called the Waterproof Hydra 5/7 venting hood. And the ScubaMax wetsuit hood that I currently use is called the HDX-53 250% Maxfelx Stretch hood.

Or what other super confortable drysuit hoods can you reccomend besides the otter bay custom ones?

as always that you for your help in advance!

i have used the fusion before. the fusions outer skin creates a pocket that you can tuck your hoods bib into really making no need for a drysuit hood. the reason for a drysuit hood is because most of them dont have suck a place to tuck a bib into and this causes the bib to float up into your face when diving. with your suit though no need to buy a new hood this could help in saving you money

I agree with awdemeo that you do not NEED to buy a new hood with the Fusion. Myself and one of my buddies dives the Fusion and I use a Drysuit hood and he does not. His works great with his wetsuit hood the only problem is that you need someone to tuck it in for you. Sometimes he has forgotten about this until after he has his rig on and that can make it a bit of a pain for me to try and tuck his hood in espically if I already have my gloves on. I use a XS Scuba 7/5 Pyro Stretch hood that I think is great. I did have to trim the length of the neck though because it was way to long for me. For me personally it was worth the extra money to buy a drysuit hood just so I do not have to mess with tuckign the bib, but it is not necessary.

Phil

I agree with both above. I have a Dive Rite 905 with the "warm neck collar". It allows me to tuck in hood. I have a Pinnacle wetsuit hood with a small bib and it fits almost perfect with the drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom