Drysuit Gloves: Can they solve this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

I just got myself a 3mm neoprene drysuit which is toasty and very comfortable. The only problem is that I get wet on the wrist and forearms after the dives. I was told by my instructor that neoprene seals tend to do that more often than latex ones. I was wondering if I get drygloves, would it solve the leakage?

Thanks.

I may not be of much help but after almost a full day with no posts i thought I would give it a try. Yes dry gloves will fix this. But all the dry glove systems I know of need latex seals to attach to. If I was in this situation I would probably glue on the SiTech oval ring system and use the glove system that works with that system.

Ring system Si Tech Oval Permanent Wrist System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Gloves system Si Tech Antares Oval Dryglove System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

They can even guide you on the install, it's not rocket science (even I can do it) Or they can do it for you. once you go with the dry gloves you will not want to go back to wet.

Agree with AA, but do remember, "dry suit" is just a suggestion.....your mileage may differ. I assume you are folding over the neoprene sufficiently? If the seals seem a bit loose, you can cut a v shape out and glue to shrink them a bit, also try a bio seal under the wrist, if, after these inexpensive fixes don't work, move on to dry gloves.

Check this link

Main Page (index.htm

Hello:

I just got myself a 3mm neoprene drysuit which is toasty and very comfortable. The only problem is that I get wet on the wrist and forearms after the dives. I was told by my instructor that neoprene seals tend to do that more often than latex ones. I was wondering if I get drygloves, would it solve the leakage?

Thanks.

Make a fist and wiggle your wrist around. Can you see a clear channel in your tendons? That is most often what causes the leak. The only cures I know of are to not make a fist, or get dry gloves. Yes neoprene is known to seep a little more than a latex or now silicon seal. As Andy suggested the best solution would be to cut the seal on there now out and install a permanent wrist cuff by Si-Tech, either the round or oval depending on hand size. Having owned and used three different brands of dry suit wrist rings the DC system is my least favorite.

What size glove do you wear, and what is your water temp?

Having owned and used three different brands of dry suit wrist rings the DC system is my least favorite.

This is interesting. My local hop sells and swears by the DC rings, I have always envied how all my buddies can just pop there gloves on and off with very little effort and they never seam to have any leaks. But here on SB I see many people don't like this system:idk:.

I found the DC system to be a pain in the butt to install. The o-ring part of the install was a pain. Some suits just can't use it as we found on my friends DUI as we couldn't get the sleeve flipped back. The glove install to the ring is also a pain, with some people building special tools. I can do it without, but easy is not the word. Si-Techs, and Vikings are easy. Once everything is installed the glove is easily donned when getting ready, but doffing is again not easy. Si-Tech puts a screw to remove them for a reason. The Anteras system offers a twist to break, and Vikings of course are 1/4 turn lock and release. The DC system broke a few of my finger nails. Sometimes I used a second person to help remove them. They only leaked on me from user error where I got the glove liner or once my thumb loop stuck in the sealing o-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom