Drysuit cold feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dean810

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With water temperature in the low 40's F, I can keep my entire body reasonably warm in a DUI trilam except for my feet. The feet of the suit is neoprene and I am wearing Roc Boots and long DUI Thinsulate socks. My feet get so cold that I feel I am taking my toe nail off when I remove the boots!

Is there something I can wear on my feet that is warmer, without adding too much more bulk? Currently the suit I am using is a rental, off the shelf medium, but it fits like a glove, including the neoprene feet. When I buy a suit, I plan on going with the Turbo soles rather than the Roc Boots.

Get a pair of those electric socks that incorporate a "D" cell battery.

The Kraken:
Get a pair of those electric socks that incorporate a "D" cell battery.

I know its only a "D" cell, but... Just go out and buy a couple of thick wool socks, worked every time. Luckly I don't need them now.

I know someone who wears an electric suit, didn't know there was something just for the feet. I love wool, but too bulky, I would have a hard time getting them in the foot. Has anyone used those Forth Element socks? Are they better than Thinsulate? I suppose they could be worn under the Thinsulate, they seem trim enough.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Dean810:
With water temperature in the low 40's F, I can keep my entire body reasonably warm in a DUI trilam except for my feet. The feet of the suit is neoprene and I am wearing Roc Boots and long DUI Thinsulate socks. My feet get so cold that I feel I am taking my toe nail off when I remove the boots!

Is there something I can wear on my feet that is warmer, without adding too much more bulk? Currently the suit I am using is a rental, off the shelf medium, but it fits like a glove, including the neoprene feet. When I buy a suit, I plan on going with the Turbo soles rather than the Roc Boots.

I get those little packs that you shake-up and they produce heat for about 2 hours. They come with adhesive to stick to the bottom of your sock. They work like a charm!!!!! Available at most gas stations here in the northland.

P.S. they also work great in the palm of your hand if your wearing dry gloves.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA ! ! ! !
You win the Oscar !!!

the K

mnj1233:
I get those little packs that you shake-up and they produce heat for about 2 hours. They come with adhesive to stick to the bottom of your sock. They work like a charm!!!!! Available at most gas stations here in the northland.

P.S. they also work great in the palm of your hand if your wearing dry gloves.

Worth a try! As long as they don't get TOO hot!

Back
Top Bottom