Drysuit Annual Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've had my Pinnacle drysuit over about a year now. I perform all the maintenance steps after each dive. My question is, does anyone send their drysuit to their LDS annually to have them perform annual maintenance? For example checking the valves and performing a leak test? The suit is working perfectly and I have no issues. I ask because the LDS I bought it from is going out of business. Thanks!

Nope! I just take it apart and make sure all is clean and looks good. If not replace it. Just like my BC.

hummmm... I just dive it but check the seals before putting it on EACH time.

thanks for the input guys. I looked at my si-tech manual and there wasn't too much info there. It did suggest spraying some silicone spray into the inflator valve should it become difficult to press.

Drysuits are supposed to be fairly robust; all you really need to do is make sure it's clean, and that includes washing the cuffs & seals with a very mild soap (no dish detergents) and thoroughly rinsing before any long-term storage.
McNett has some great latex care products that you may want to look into such as "Seal Saver" and "UV Tech".
Keep the zipper cleaned & lubed too, "Zip Care" and some beeswax will keep things happy.
The UV Tech can pull double duty when spritzed inside your valves.

Back
Top Bottom