Drysuit a little too big

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't give the shop more business if they sold you a suit they knew wouldn't fit you.

Also, 45lbs does sound like way too much weight. I'd work on descending. Make sure you've vented all the way and that you exhale completely.

I would think the shop would take it back since it is their rental. Otherwise don't bother giving them your business. This is your first drysuit so they should have given you more help rather than try and unload their problems on to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would the shop take it back ESPECIALLY if it is a rental suit that doesn't have any warranty and is priced for no return?? Why didn't the buyer try it on first before they walked out the door with it?

If it is a little long on the legs and arms, the buyer can send it to superior diving and they would take care of it no problem. Superior diving do a great job from my several years of doing business with them.

---------- Post added April 29th, 2014 at 04:04 AM ----------

Thinking more about it, it all sounds very fishy to me. I think that the OP isn't telling the whole story. Why on earth would he walk out with a drysuit knowing that there are no returns on the suit and not try it on to make sure that all is OK?

You mentioned you had some trouble adjusting the buoyancy. It sounds as if you are using the suit for buoyancy. Try using your buoyancy compensator for buoyancy and your drysuit to keep dry. Also, unless you weigh more than 400 pounds, 45 pounds is way more than you should be using.

Did you try it on first?

If you are willing to pay a "re stocking" fee and buy a more expensive suit from them I'd be surprised if they wouldn't take it back it's not like it was a new special order suit. Let us know what say re your email. Good luck.

Why would the shop take it back ESPECIALLY if it is a rental suit that doesn't have any warranty and is priced for no return??

Not to get into a pizzin contest here but..."Its the RIGHT thing to do"....and we wonder why our industry and LDS's have such a bad name...sighs

My personal approach as a LDS employee is simple...make the shop a place the customer can TRUST....

Why would the shop take it back ESPECIALLY if it is a rental suit that doesn't have any warranty and is priced for no return??

Not to get into a pizzin contest here but..."Its the RIGHT thing to do"....and we wonder why our industry and LDS's have such a bad name...sighs

My personal approach as a LDS employee is simple...make the shop a place the customer can TRUST....

That would be my thinking too. They'd have to be pretty heartless not to, unless there is more to this story.

45# to sink a "medium" sounds very fishy. A larger suit is still doable (I know from experience). Did the shop offer a course with that purchase? Seems an industry standard these days (at least out here).

Doesn't it strike you as odd the customer didn't try it on on the spot BEFORE buying it?? This is the same client that is talking about using more lead for a suit that sounds a little long in the arms and legs and thinks that he needs more lead than 45lbs for that. It appears that there is a lot more to the story than we we are hearing here. A diver who says that he is a size small in suits but is using 45 POUNDS for weight and can' get down with less???? On top of that he has already taken a drysuit course and made 25 dives with another size suit before purchasing this "wrong" size suit???

Many things don't add up here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom