Drygloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To throw in my $.03...

I had the SI Tech gloves, very bad system, they were destroying the latex and I was using them as directed by DUI. Only 4 dives and I could see stress in the latex.

I switched to the zip gloves and for the most part I am very happy. My only complaint is since I lack the ability to feel transitions in textures with them on its tough to fold the neoprene neck seal under. However thus far (4 dives) I have not had issues being able to do it myself and having it leak.

1) my wrist seals leak a bit when I try to reach valves or bolt snaps on my harness.

I'm thinking of switching to drygloves because, like Gombessa, I get some leakage from my right hand wrist seal, probably from fumbling with valves.

You guys need to do fewer valve drills :)

I recently (a couple months ago) switched to dry gloves. I am using the DC system. One of my suits has zip seals, and I was concerned about the zip seals and the rings working together. They are fine, though. In fact, the rings work on the zip seals better than they do on my other suit, which has shorter, bell-shaped seals, which the rings only barely fit on. I used to use the 4mm Deep Sea "dry comfort" gloves. I didn't feel the need for dry gloves until I was regularly going below 100', and the wet gloves provide essentially nothing at those depths. The dexterity with the dry gloves is only marginally worse. My dexterity is worst on the surface, but once they squeeze down a little, they are fine.

I think any ring system is going to be rough on the seals. But I guess the way I see it, if the dry gloves are really more comfortable, then it is the worth the added cost of having to replace your seals slightly more often. I don't think I could stand having to pull the top of my suit down to get my hands out of the gloves (like with zip gloves).

Anyhoo, I would say the majority (perhaps even vast majority) of dry suit divers use wet gloves. Most of my dive buddies do. I guess it depends on your circle -- my X-buddies seem to be more into the dry gloves.

I love my dry gloves.

If you get them slightly smaller than you think (i.e. I have XL hands, but L fits nice and snug), you get easy dexterity. Plus, your hands are warm throughout the dive and you'll enjoy good dexterity at the end when you need it.

I can't agree more. I usually have L gloves but the mediums... fit like a glove! No actually they are perfect.

I use the DC gloves/rings and love them.....

I dive them with the inner wriste seal intact and only equalize if I'm going deep. Otherwise I'm just fine

I need some new rings badly as i'm leaking and one of the gloves needs replacing but with the inner seal intact it's not much of a problem....I'll take a wet dryglove over a wet wet glove any day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom