Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm - does another price break kick in if we fill the charter...?

DawgDiver:
And I'm guessing the deposit is non-refundable? Or is their a cancellation policy?

Sorry, this may have already been covered but i didn't remember reading it.

I just got my confirmation letter from the U.G. and it states that you may cancel up to 45 days from date of departure for a full refund...the balance is not due until the day of departure

netmage:
They can fill HP DIN tanks.

yes, but not to 3500PSI - only to 3000 I think so for a HP100 you would get 87cuft of air (so is still better than an 80)

for anyone going - Nitrox is certianly recommended (and only $40 more) or you may have to have some short dives or sit out 1 or 2....this last weekend some people had to miss some dives as they had gone for air...and of course the BAja California is at 115ft....

netmage:
Hmmm - does another price break kick in if we fill the charter...?

I talked with Sherry at UG and, yes, there is an additional discount if we fill the boat - which I don't think is going to be a problem.

From Sherry:
The cost to book individually is $705.00pp
10 person charter=$5760.00
20 person charter=$11210.00

I just did the math and a 10 person charter is $576 pp and a 20 person charter is $560.50pp so the savings is only $15.50 to fill the boat. Not a lot of incentive to fill the boat.

Matteo:
I just got my confirmation letter from the U.G. and it states that you may cancel up to 45 days from date of departure for a full refund...the balance is not due until the day of departure

Sweet... i'll call them up and reserve my spot tomorrow.

Welcome aboard DawgDiver! We're going to have a blast!

I think i'm gonna have to go ahead and get certified for Nitrox. I'm guessing it will probably be quite an advantage on this trip.

stu_in_fl:
yes, but not to 3500PSI - only to 3000 I think so for a HP100 you would get 87cuft of air (so is still better than an 80)

for anyone going - Nitrox is certianly recommended (and only $40 more) or you may have to have some short dives or sit out 1 or 2....this last weekend some people had to miss some dives as they had gone for air...and of course the BAja California is at 115ft....

Hmmmm... decisions decisions... almost makes sense to stick w/ my AL80 vs/ their LP80 as my singles rig is a st plate and weighting is perfect w/ an AL tank.... And air consumption wont be an issue...

Marvel,

Guess who just claimed a spot?:D

I'm twisting ZD's arm as well. Rigdiver may come too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom