Dry Tortugas in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will be my 1st Tortugas trip, but Mike, Luke and Yarg have told me it was a great way to camp on the water and dive. The menu looks like my kind of food and as long as I have a sock for Luke and ear plugs for me, sleeping won't be a problem. I plan on doing every dive. Are the rest of you boys up to it? :)
Cya at Phil's Saturday.

tstonedvr:
Uncle Bill the snore champ isn't going is he?....
I don't think Uncle Bill is going but I'll ask him. He actually hasn't been too bad the last couple of times I've roomed with him.

But when he gets going it's quite impressive.

Luke

RocketMan:
This will be my 1st Tortugas trip, but Mike, Luke and Yarg have told me it was a great way to camp on the water and dive.
And it's some first rate diving. I hate to get into comparing dive locations because it's so subjective but IMHO the Tortugas is as good as anyplace you'll dive in the Continental US.
Luke

ScubaLuke:
And it's some first rate diving. I hate to get into comparing dive locations because it's so subjective but IMHO the Tortugas is as good as anyplace you'll dive in the Continental US.
Luke

I am looking forward to meeting and diving with you guys. Tortugas sounds great. Maybe I'll run into you at the christmas sale on Saturday.

quarrydiver68:
So has everyone gotten their letter in the mail? I can't believe it!

Yep, got it.. I didn't know you were one of the ones who signed up.

Looks like to most of us that the Capt of the Ultimate Getaway is going
out of his way to be difficult in the situation. Hopefully he can resolve
his issues about this trip, but I'm not betting on it.

mike_s:
Yep, got it.. I didn't know you were one of the ones who signed up.

Looks like to most of us that the Capt of the Ultimate Getaway is going
out of his way to be difficult in the situation. Hopefully he can resolve
his issues about this trip, but I'm not betting on it.

Do you know any more details? I was going to call the dive shop but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sadly the capt. has alot of issues...lets just leave it at that...Phil is working on another trip to the Bahamas on the Gulfstream Eagle which has recently been sold to new owners...same kind of boat, price a tad higher....he could'nt get the same dates...it goes out of Riviera Beach....would be some good diving...I'll go.....
Yarg

quarrydiver68:
Do you know any more details? I was going to call the dive shop but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's the general rundown of it...

Phil sent them a check and a signed contract for the charter. The Captain had moved to a new house and didn't tell him that he had moved, so the check got sent to the old house. The same place he'd sent the check for the last 12 charters.

Like I said, they'd chartered 12 other trips with them in the past, so you'd think they'd be considered a good customer. Well when the captain didn't get the check, instead of taking the effort to pick up the phone and make a simple phone call, he canceled the trip/charter. To me this is not a way to treat a dedicated previous customer.

In reality, what the Captain did was screw 20 paying customers who are now not very likely to ever book a trip with him again, especially when this could have been solved with a simple phone call to the dive shop.

BTW... You don't have to worry about your deposit money. Phil will get that back to you. They hope to have a replacement trip lined up with a different boat but the dates and details might change a little.

quarrydiver68:
So has everyone gotten their letter in the mail? I can't believe it!

Yes I did. I'm bummed out about the whole thing. I was really looking forward to this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom