Dry Tortugas in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaLuke:
Actually,
The Bicycle Helmet: It's a joke. The last time I was on the boat I banged my head on the beam that runs down the center of the boat so many times that I said the next time I went I was going to wear a bicycle helmet anytime I wasn't in the water.

Luke actually uses his helment when teaching "Break-dancing" to under-priviledged kids at the local Boys Club...... He can give you a lesson if you want when we get on the boat.

And probably Beano in case the other ends start making noise.

Quarrydiver, when you get there we'll show you how to crush up the bean-o
and sneak it into his food while Rocketman distracts him......
real easy to do... especially if it's gumbo. He really likes gumbo.

Last year we just put them in a Tic-Tac candy case and gave them
to him and he was popping them like crazy, but he figured us out ......

It's really nothing to be ashamed of. Just another form of off gassing.

If you own a "Spare-Air", this is one of the few times that it's actually extremely usefull.....

The Chainsaw: I'll leave that one for Mike.

heh... you'll just have to wait and see for this...

I think that it would be worth the price of the trip just to see you guys in action. I think you guys would be so entertaining I wouldn't care if there were any scuba babes on board or not.

I went to their website and looked at the boat. Nice but what about the bunks? How comfortable are they? What about the food? Is it good?

you can see pics of the boat including the bunks at http://www.ultimategetaway.net/

The bunks are essentially a foam mattress. They aren't the nice "pillow top" mattress that I've got at home, but they aren't that bad. It's like any other camping bunk you've slept in. You'll be so tired after diving that much, the bunk won't matter that much.

They also have menu listings on their website.

quarrydiver68:
I went to their website and looked at the boat. Nice but what about the bunks? How comfortable are they? What about the food? Is it good?
The bunks are OK. There are two bunk rooms and one little area with two bunks outside the forward bunk room. I don't remember anybody complaining about them.

When I did the trip the food was pretty good but that was over 6 years ago. They've probably changed cooks by now. Live-aboards tend to have a fairly high crew turnover.

Luke

Is it crowded with so many people on a smaller boat?
What do they do if there are women on board if everything is so open?
How many dives will they let you do in a day?

Never the same crew except for Rick and Allan....even Nick is gone...Uncle Bill the snore champ is'nt going is he?....The chainsaw would be useless....:D ....I know of one female going .....so no whizzing off the back again....and don't bring Jonathan any whiskey.......
Yarg

tstonedvr:
Never the same crew except for Rick and Allan....even Nick is gone...Uncle Bill the snore champ is'nt going is he?....The chainsaw would be useless....:D ....I know of one female going .....so no whizzing off the back again....and don't bring Jonathan any whiskey.......
Yarg

Please tell me there is a separate womens bathroom then. I know how women can hog a bathroom.

Is she a single scuba babe maybe?

quarrydiver68:
Is it crowded with so many people on a smaller boat?
What do they do if there are women on board if everything is so open?
How many dives will they let you do in a day?
After 4 days most people are about ready to disembark.
There is one head just for the ladies, most modern women have no problem.
Depending on the dives, drift or mooring, relistically 7 is the max with 5 or 6 the norm..
The first couple of dives everyones eager to dive right in, then people start marking a "O" by their name with only a few diehards (like Doc) hitting everyone....
We have a bar to meet as we "aced the board" last trip....the first group to do so on the new one....you'll see what I mean....It's a fun trip if you make it so....
Yarg

tstonedvr:
After 4 days most people are about ready to disembark.
There is one head just for the ladies, most modern women have no problem.
Depending on the dives, drift or mooring, relistically 7 is the max with 5 or 6 the norm..
The first couple of dives everyones eager to dive right in, then people start marking a "O" by their name with only a few diehards (like Doc) hitting everyone....
We have a bar to meet as we "aced the board" last trip....the first group to do so on the new one....you'll see what I mean....It's a fun trip if you make it so....
Yarg

Well I am going to come down to the LDS this weekend for the christmas sale and look about a drysuit. I imagine I will sign up for this trip then. Sounds like it would be too much fun to pass up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom