Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the wide bands but have tried both, but have went a different route than most of the posters here.
Its just hard for me to put one more hole in my suit to leak, and I was worried about the "back draft" from purging a pee valve so I just wear a bag on the inside of my leg during the dive and drain it later.
Of course its nice sitting on the boat between dives and not having to get up to drain your hose in the head or over the side.
Of course I do get grief from my dive buddies for that funny look on my face on my serface interval.
Salty.........

Since nobody else brought it up yet I'm forced to ask another embarrassing question. Depending on temperature, visual input, age and maybe a few more parameters, there may be an inappropriate change of state when wearing the cath. To make it clear, she-p users don't have this issue...

With the glue and all, would that lead to serious injuries?

Since nobody else brought it up yet I'm forced to ask another embarrassing question. Depending on temperature, visual input, age and maybe a few more parameters, there may be an inappropriate change of state when wearing the cath. To make it clear, she-p users don't have this issue...

I had to deal with some shrinkage this past weekend (during my first p valve usage). The cath stayed on and allowed for normal size change.

I had to deal with some shrinkage this past weekend (during my first p valve usage). The cath stayed on and allowed for normal size change.

Okay, since it looks like nobody "gets it" . . . what happens if you get an erection while cath'd up? Could it cut off the blood flow, leaving you permanently 'up'? Will it stretch enough so that nature (or a jump in cold water) takes care of itself?

:popcorn:

Good question. And I don't know the answer....

Good question. And I don't know the answer....
But I will do some experimentation and let you know!

:thumb: Fixed that for ya!!

:rofl4:

Okay, since it looks like nobody "gets it" . . . what happens if you get an erection while cath'd up? Could it cut off the blood flow, leaving you permanently 'up'? Will it stretch enough so that nature (or a jump in cold water) takes care of itself?

:popcorn:

It stretches enough.

Okay, since it looks like nobody "gets it" . . . what happens if you get an erection while cath'd up?

You and I apparently engage in different activities while diving. Do you have any video of your dives?

Reactions: Jax
Well, no video . . . but my hubby and I spent my birthday in Cozumel . . . during Spring Break for Texas . . . Wooo hooo, eye candy!!!! (On both sides!!!)

:blinking:

John, come dive in the cenotes . . . some of my friends spend their deco time using bubbles in creative ways :)

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom